Welcome to the HomeMakers for America! This site was created to provide information for homemakers who want to be more self reliant within their own homes. Thanks to the many homemakers that have willingly shared their ideas and experiences. We will continue to update this site with new information as it comes in.
The following topics are explored:
A. Food Storage - How To Begin This page includes a slide presentation on how to begin a food storage program. It also includes food storage sheets and shelf life information for many common foods.
- Alternative Grains
- Beans and Legumes
- Oats, Honey and Sugar
- Rice and Pasta
- Spices and Herbs
- Whole Foods Diet
- Bag Meals
- Freezer Meals
- Meals in a Jar
- Quick Dry Mixes
- Making Family Dinner Hour Possible - This is a great blog with some time saving ideas for serving delicious meals to your family. http://makingfamilydinnerhourpossible.blogspot.com/
G. Home Preservation of Foods - includes ideas and instructions for freezing, drying, vacuum sealing, pressure canning and water-bath canning.
- Foundation for Health Food Plan
- Health Care Basics
- Essential Oils - includes an introduction to the use of Essential Oils for common ailments
- Home Health Remedies
- Home Health Remedies (A)
- (Acne, Allergies, Anxiety, Arthritis)
- Home Health Remedies (B)
- (Bacterial infections, Bladder infections,Blisters, Bruises, Burns)
- Home Health Remedies (C)
- (Canker sores, Cold Sores, Constipation, Coughs and Congestion, Cuts - Abrasions)
- Home Health Remedies (D - E)
- (Dandruff, Diarrhea, Ear ache, Eczema)
- Home Health Remedies (F - G)
- (Fever and chills, Flatulence, Flu and cold, Gum Disease)
- Home Health Remedies (H)
- (Headaches, Head lice, Hives)
- Home Health Remedies (I)
- (Immune Building, Insect Bites, Insomnia)
- Home Health Remedies (J - O)
- (Menopause, Motion Sickness, Muscle Aches and Cramps)
- Home Health Remedies (P - R)
- (Pink eye, Pneumonia, Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, Poison Sumac)
- Home Health Remedies (S - Z)
- (Sore throat, Seasonal Affective Disorder)
- Mood Disorders
- Home Health Remedies (A)
Other Food Storage Websites and Blogs
- LDS Church Food Storage Site - The LDS Church has developed a vast bank of resources that is available to the general public
- Deals to Meals This site has recipes, tips, pictures, videos of a food storage, t.v. segments, etc.)
- My Food Storage Favorites: I am the mom of 5 children and I LOVE food storage and being prepared! My specialty is cooking with food storage items, like whole wheat and other grains, and freeze dried and dehydrated products.
- The Provident Homemaker This site has information on starting your storage, gardening, basic cooking, using well what you already have, solar cooking, building earth ovens, lots more.
- Everyday Food Storage This site includes several recipes and how-to videos for using a food storage.
- Our Food Storage This web site is filled with great and practical ideas for beginning a food storage.
- How to avoid GMO's when shopping for food. GMO's are genetically modified organisms. These food products may lead to health problems.
Emergency Preparedness Suppliers:
We welcome other ideas from Homemakers. If you have a "HomeMaking" idea you would like to share with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This site has been brought to you by Moms for America: https://momsforamerica.us/