Physics is a full-credit semester course designed for the College Preparatory level students, as part of the core sciences. The course will present the basics of physical systems and analysis with an emphasis on mathematical modeling (including algebra and trigonometry principles) and extrapolation in application-based scenarios. Responsibilities will include report writing, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and use of multimedia technology. Successful completion of Algebra II and Geometry are required for enrollment and Trigonometry is recommended.
Physics Honors is a full-credit semester course designed for the Honors level students, as part of the core sciences. The course will present the basics of physical systems and analysis with an emphasis on mathematical modeling (including advanced math and calculus principles) and extrapolation in application-based scenarios. Enrolled students are prepared for rigorous college coursework and/or a science oriented career path. Successful completion of Pre-calculus is required for enrollment and Calculus is recommended.
***All coursework and grading will be conducted through Empower. Overall Grades and Habits of Work scores will be submitted to Web2School for reporting processes only.***
- Complete all summative assessments (as identified in the Syllabus and Unit Summaries)
- Pass all four Unit Exams or Correct them above a 70%
- Content Standards, Nature of Science Standard, and Unit Exam Average are weighted equally
- Minimum passing score on standards is ‘2’
- 1 = 50, 2 = 80, 3 = 94, 4 = 100 for calculating Purposes
- All submissions, grading and feedback will be done on Empower
- Resources, Remind, Calendar, Empower link: can all be found on my teacher webpage
- Web2School will only be updated at Progress Report and Quarters. See Empower for current progress.
Unit 1 - Oct 4th Oct 11th only minimum scores eligible for Unit 1 work
Unit 2 - Nov 9th Nov 16th only minimum scores eligible for Unit 2 work
Unit 3 - Dec 14th Dec 21st only minimum scores eligible for Unit 3 work
Unit 4 - Jan 17th End of Course
- Habits of Work scores will be applied to summative assessments and reported weekly
- Unit Exams must be correct with reflections within 1 week of end of unit.