10.123 - 124 LA Plan Submission and Review
10.123 Landscape Plan Submission
(a) If this division applies to a lot pursuant to Section 51A-10.121, a landscape plan must be submitted to the building official with the application for a building permit for work on the lot. A landscape plan submission must consist of two blueline or blackline prints. The plan must have a scale of one inch equals 50 feet or larger (e.g. one inch equals 40 feet, one inch equals 30 feet, etc.) and be on a standard drawing sheet of a size not to exceed 36 inches by 48 inches. A plan which cannot be drawn in its entirety on a 36 inch by 48 inch sheet must be drawn with appropriate match lines on two or more sheets.
(b) Any person may prepare the landscape plan required under this division. There is no requirement that the plan be prepared by a landscape architect or by a person engaged in the landscape business.
- Revise to require all landscape plans seeking LEED compliance be completed by a landscape architect.
(c) A landscape plan required under this division must contain the following information:
(1) Date, scale, north point, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of each property owner and the person preparing the plan.
(2) Location of existing boundary lines and dimensions of the lot, the zoning classification of the lot, and the zoning classification of adjacent properties. A vicinity map should also be attached to or made a part of the plan.
(3) Approximate centerlines of existing water courses and the location of the flood plain, the escarpment zone, and geologically similar areas, as those terms are defined in Article V, if applicable; the approximate location of significant drainage features; and the location and size of existing and proposed streets and alleys, utility easements, driveways, and sidewalks on or adjacent to the lot.
(4) Project name, street address, and lot and block description.
(5) Location, height, and material of proposed screening and fencing (with berms to be delineated by one-foot contours).
(6) Locations and dimensions of proposed landscape buffer strips.
(7) Complete description of plant materials shown on the plan, including names (common and scientific name), locations, quantities, container or caliper sizes at installation, heights, spread, and spacing. The location and type of all existing trees on the lot over six inches in caliper must be specifically indicated.
(8) Complete description of landscaping and screening to be provided in or near off-street parking and loading areas, including information as to the amount (in square feet) of landscape area to be provided internal to parking areas and the number and location of required off-street parking and loading spaces.
(9) An indication of which protected trees will be removed during construction and how existing healthy trees proposed to be retained will be protected from damage during construction.
(10) Size, height, location, and material of proposed seating, lighting, planters, sculptures, and water features.
(11) A description of proposed watering methods.
(12) Location of visibility triangles on the lot (if applicable). (Ord. Nos. 19455; 10496; 22053)
- Revise to require all utilities on property to be located on the landscape plan.
- Existing site trees to be designated as site trees or street trees must be indicated as such on the landscape plan.
- Previous replacement trees of all calipers must be indicated.
10.124 Landscape Plan Review
The building official shall review each landscape plan submitted to determine whether it complies with the requirements of this division. All landscape plans must comply with the mandatory provisions in Section 51A-10.125. In addition, all landscape plans must comply with at least two "design standards" as described in Section 51A-10.126. The same landscape features and elements may be strategically placed so as to comply with more than one provision. (For example, the same large trees might be located so as to be classified as "street trees" and "parking lot trees.") (Ord. Nos. 19455; 20496; 22053)