Citizen Forester InfoLink - Dallas Trees
How Do I Select an Arborist? - From ISA Texas
There are a variety of things to consider when selecting an arborist which include:
- Look for membership in a professional organization such as the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), the National Arborist Association (NAA) or the American Society of Consulting Arborists (ASCA).
- Check in the phone directory yellow pages for those arborists who advertise as ISA Certified Arborists or display the official logo of the ISA Certified Arborist.
- Ask for proof of insurance and then phone the insurance company if you are not satisfied.
- Ask for references to find out where the company has done work similar to the work you are requesting.
- Unless you know and are comfortable with the arborist, get more than one estimate. Be wary of individuals who go door-to-door and offer bargains for performing tree work. Good arborists will only perform accepted practices. For example, practices such as topping a tree or using climbing spikes on live trees are not necessary.
- Don't only accept the low bid. Compare all of the above to the bids.
INVASIVE SPECIES, PESTS, AND DISEASES