Classes & Worship Services
Om shri gurubhyo namaH ! Jayatu samskritam !! Jayatu manukulam !!!
सदाशिवसमारम्भां शङ्कराचार्यमध्यमाम् । अस्मदाचार्यपर्यन्तां वन्दे गुरुपरम्पराम् ॥
I salute the lineage of teachers, beginning with the ever auspicious Lord Shiva, linked by Adi ShankarAchArya in the middle, and extending up to my own teachers (Pujya Swamiji DayAnanda Saraswati and Swami ParamArthAnanda-ji).
AVB closed for winter break from Saturday, November 24th, 2018 to Friday, January 11th, 2019.
(1) All services by ARSHA VIDYA BHARATI are for people of all ages, unless otherwise indicated in the table below. Also, the same person can avail as many services in parallel as he/she is interested in, subject only to restrictions below for some of the groups.
(3) Please donate generously to sustain these community services. It is only donations from well-wishers like you that help further the mission of AVB. Please see our FAQ page for minimum contribution details. (Note: Special accelerated summer courses will have a per session donation.)
(4) Course materials may cost a few dollars from time-to-time depending on the curriculum. A sample set of books for our samskritam classes and Bhagavad GeetA sessions can be seen here. The samskritam courses follow the SAMSKRITA BHARATI curriculum. The VedAnta classes follow the ARSHA VIDYA GURUKULAM (Pujya Swamiji DayAnanda Saraswati)'s curriculum.
(5) Punctuality, "shraddhA", and ongoing time commitment are required for all services. Also, it will be necessary to allocate time for home-work to maximize the learning / spiritual experience (at least an hour per week outside of AVB classes).
(6) To enable remote attendance, all week-end classes are available via Skype. Please check with us on more details by emailing @ AVB.Houston@gmail.com.
THIS IS OUR 16th YEAR OF COMMUNITY SERVICES TO PRESERVE AND NURTURE OUR RICH VEDIC HERITAGE.