September 2022 - Arpita is invited to the White House Summit by the National Economic Council, Office of Science and Technology Policy
and National Security Council! Hope wetland based carbon sequestration receives some much needed financial support as an immediate strategy for climate action.
- Arpita meets faculty from the University of South Dakota to discuss the advantages of graduate student led consultancy groups within universities. As we diversify the STEM portfolio, glad to see other universities looking at the WUSTL model!
- Anna Yang, a high school student submits her paper improving ethanol production using yeast! You are incredible!
- Brian Gallagher writes an eBook on the importance of exploring microbial diversity while developing climate technologies like microbial electrosynthesis!
- Eric, Emily and Brian write a book chapter on microbe-electrode interactions as a key approach to improve the climate technology, microbial electrosynthesis!
- Arpita attends the 2022 MIT Solve Challenge Finals!
August 2022 - The Bose lab receives postcards from all over the USA, thanking and encouraging them for working on wetlands, carbon sequestration and increasing STEM diversity! Very touching and motivational! Thank you to everyone who took the time to write us such thoughtful notes! We hope to receive financial support for the wetland research and carbon sequestration efforts to continue our work in this underfunded field!
- Congratulations to Karthik, Tahina and Eric for acceptance of their special report on the role of new materials in microbial electrosynthesis to empower climate tech!
- Andreea's abstract is chosen for a talk at MicroTAS2022 from 100's of other abstracts! Congrats! Microfluidics for many technologies including climate tech!
- Arpita is interviewed by the American Society for Microbiology for a Spotlight feature where she discusses the role of underrepresented scientists in American microbiology.
- Arpita is to be featured in the Microbiologist magazine of the Society for Applied Microbiology on her unique scientific path! Emily and Eric write a Q&A style article for this feature!
- Sean Shim visits the lab to learn about our research on bioplastics. Magdalena Janik joins as the newest rotation student!
- Meacham, Bezerin and Bose labs receive an NIH grant for developing accoustofluidics!
July 2022 - Arpita along with Sustain Labs Paris will develop the program for the 2023 UN Climate Change Conference (UNFCCC COP 28) in UAE, November 2023.
- Miriam receives the Hispanic Scholarship for 2022!
- Aiyana Evers also receives the Hispanic Scholarship for 2022!
- Arpita is voted in as a Board of Trustee for the Society of Applied Microbiology, the oldest microbiology society of the United Kingdom. She will provide insight on the role of microbes in climate action!
June 2022 - In this multipart video, the Bose Lab samples wetlands for the smallest climate change solutionaries, microbes! Thanks to the many participants and the WUSTL News team.
- The lab welcomes REAP students Josslyn Gura, Anahita Kaul, and Anna Yang, Thinh Vu and Aiyana Evers as summer students to the lab! Also, Maya Arnott joins as a undergraduate research technician! Happy Summer!
- Congratulations to Emily for acceptance of her second first author paper! Woo hoo! Go go go!
- Congratulations to Emily for acceptance of her article to open access government's newest issue!
May 2022 - Congrats to Emily for her Special report in Open Access Government on soil microbes and climate change!
- Arpita attends Solve at MIT!
- Arpita joins the editorial board of Frontiers in Energy Research!
- Arpita is an honorary member of the Society of Applied Microbiology! Excited to work with Sfam, the oldest microbiology society in the UK, serving microbiologists around the world, and in partnership with Wiley, publishes five internationally acclaimed journals.
- Purplegain, a 100 member international team with the Bose lab as the only US partner, receive network funding from EU-COST! We aim to use purple bacteria for resource recovery from waste!
- Brian Gallagher joins the lab as its newest graduate student!
April 2022 - Arpita is featured along with the lab in the Washington Magazine on her work on climate change!
- The Blodgett, Bose and Meacham labs receive an inaugural WUSTL SPEED grant! Yay for cool science!
- Arpita attends the virtual Carbon Summit at Boise State University for Earth Day 2022! It's open to anyone!
- Arpita joins the Living Earth Collaborative as a Biodiversity Fellow!
- Congratulations to Eric and Karthik for acceptance of their paper to Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology! Hope people read it widely as it is open access!!
- Eric and Prem's eBook is released in the April 2022 publication of Open Access Government (page 240)!
- Arpita joins the inaugural professor team for the first Bachelors program in Climate Action at Anant University for Climate Action! Along with international pioneers in climate action Arpita will teach undergraduates how to be equipped to join the 23 trillion dollar climate tech industry set to grow exponentially from now till 2030! Did you know that only 1,20,000 globally are equipped to join an industry that is set to create 50 million jobs!
- UIDP releases the report on their NSF funded workshop on Innovation in the Bioeconomy | Building a Biotechnology Innovation Ecosystem to Mitigate Climate Change!
March 2022 - Arpita is chosen to join the L'Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Leadership Program for 2022!
- Miriam is chosen for the DOE Summer Undergraduate Lab Internship Program for 2022! Congratulations!
- Arpita joins the core team of the Incubator of Transdisciplinary Futures as part of the WUSTL A&S's Strategic Plan for the coming decade!
- Congratulations to Rajesh for becoming a senior scientist at the Energy and Environmental Research Center at the University of North Dakota! We will miss you Rajesh!
- Arpita attends the MIT Solv[ED] event that was the first of its kind and held virtually this month!
February 2022 - Talking to Parkway High School's Beta Chi Pi Chapter via an invited seminar was super exciting for us!
- Arpita is chosen as a founding fellow for the Climatebase fellowship! Let's get climate solutions to the whole globe!
- Arpita is chosen as an Island Ambassador by Island Innovation! Small Island Developing States are the canaries in the coal mine for climate change. Let's get solutions to small islands!
- Congrats to grad student Eric Conners and undergraduate Prem Prabhakar on their eBook on Decarbonization using microbes followed by the US National Science Foundation Director's article on the importance of bio-based research!
- Arpita presents at the Beyond Boundaries Program at WUSTL discussing sustainability!
- Arpita attends the Seeding Ideas Workshop on Climate and Equity by the Office of the Vice Chancellor of Research!
January 2022 - Happy New Year! The lab's work on "Microbial Electrosynthesis" featured as a profile following an article by the US National Science Foundation Directorate for Biological Sciences on "The Role of Bio-Supported Research" in Open Access Government's January 2022 edition!
- Milton Academy does a feature on Arpita as a woman in climate action for their magazine Helix titled “From Microbes to the Climate Crisis: An Interview with Microbiology Professor Arpita Bose".
- Arpita is a jury member for Businessworld India’s Most Sustainable Companies ranking!
- The Bose lab is featured in "2021- A year of outstanding accomplishment" by the Ampersand.
- Amazing to see what MIT Solve is doing for Sustainability! Incredible to be part of Solvers from the whole world! 160 countries to be precise! Climate Change is a global problem and we need all hands on deck to solve this! Kudos climate change solutionaries everywhere! So excited for the invitation to attend Solv[ED] and Solve at MIT 2022!
- The Office of the Vice Chancellor of Research features our carbon neutral biofuel research as one of three research stories at Washington University's Research in Action!
December 2021 - The Bose Lab receives Army Educational Outreach Program support for Summer 2022 for two high-school students!
- Thinh Vu, a previous Army Educational Outreach Program high-school student gets early acceptance at Washington University!
- Arpita, Rajesh and Tahina head to Ellis Island along with Washington University's film and photo crew to perform sampling in one of Missouri's many iconic wetlands!
- Arpita leads a Washington University A&S panel on "Funding Your Research and Managing a Grant"
- Eric gives a wonderful seminar at the Plant and Microbial Biosciences Breakfast series!
November 2021 - The month starts on a high-note. Miriam receives the Promega DOORS scholarship!
- Wei's paper on n-butanol production gets featured by the Source, the Debrief, Green Car Congress, Engineering & Technology, AZO materials, Department of Energy Office of Science, SINC, Brinkwire, National Science Foundation, Voice of America, and others!
- In less that 24 hours, Eric's article in Open Access Government is the top google search for sustainable bioproduction and microbial electrosynthesis! What a feat!
- Arpita gives a keynote presentation at the North American International Society for Microbial Electrochemistry and Technology in University of Southern California, Los Angeles!
- Arpita gives a seminar at the department of microbiology and immunology at University of British Columbia, Vancouver!
October 2021 - Arpita will attend the virtual awards ceremony to receive WUSTL Arts & Sciences Distinguished teaching award!
- Arpita attends the final day of the NSF ERC workshop!
- Arpita in invited to attend the University-Industry Demonstration Partnership (UIDP) workshop on Mitigating Climate Change!
- Arpita gives the Science in St. Louis for the Academy of Science St. Louis!
- The Anant Fellowship for Climate Action kicks off! The amazing fellows and their world-changing efforts are so inspiring!
- The Bose Laboratory is chosen as a continuity partner for Open Access Government based on their climate change research! Our lab's research will be profiled following articles by the US National Science Foundation Director! Our first feature was proudly written by graduate student Eric Conners!
September 2021 - Semester starts and we welcome Cindy Chao and Prem Prabhakar to the lab!
- Arpita will attend the virtual awards ceremony to receive WUSTL Arts & Sciences Distinguished teaching award!
- Arpita joins the editorial board of Microbiology Spectrum!
- Arpita joins the editorial board of The Journal of Bacteriology!
- Our wetland research is featured by Scientific American!
- Arpita attends the NSF ERC workshops this month! Exciting next steps!
- Arpita joins the Advisory Board of Bear Studios, Bear Studios, a student-run consulting and service firm!
- Arpita attends the Association for Women Faculty Reception and meets Provost Beverly Wendland and Vice Provost Kia Caldwell. Exciting discussions!
August 2021 - August starts on a high note. Arpita receives the Anant Fellowship for Climate Action by MIT Solve! She was selected from 2427 applicants from 46 countries!
- Congratulations to Wei, Tahina, Karthik and Rajesh for their combined work being featured as a Scientia.Global article!
- Congratulations to Wei, Tahina, Karthik and Rajesh for provisional acceptance of their paper to Communications Biology!
- We welcome our first rotation student Brian Gallagher!
- Arpita is invited as a Special Guest by the Olin Fellowship Program! So exciting to get involved with this extraordinary community!
- Arpita and Emily are on the National Public Radio 89.3 about their research in wetlands!
- Our bioplastic research is featured in Printweek as one of two sustainable plastic solutions!
- Arpita leads the session "Developing your Research Career" during the A&S New Faculty Orientation! Truly exciting to meet the new faculty!
July 2021 - The lab gets featured in St. Louis Public Radio (NPR), Voice of America (TV), the Columbia Missourian and the Weather Network! Yay! Go Science!
- A Q & A with Arpita on the power of collaboration with Shawn Ballard from WUSTL's Ampersand.
- Arpita joins the Board of the Association of Women Faculty! Let's make a difference!
- Aiyana received the Hispanic Scholarship! Yay!!
- Arpita is selected as a finalist for the New Voices Cohort by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine! Here's to hoping our voices make a difference in US science!
- Arpita and others receive an NSF-Engineering Research Center Planning grant!
- Arpita receives the Washington University Distinguished Teaching Award!
- Arpita becomes a GlobalConscience.World Ambassador!
- Arpita attends and presents at the Emergent Simplicity in Biophysical Dynamics workshop! Truly stimulating science!
- Arpita is featured by the Record!
- Arpita is listed again in the American Men and Women of Science!
June 2021 - Wei comes back for the graduation ceremony and heads to California to join Amyris as a Scientist! Good luck Wei!
- Our paper in ISME J gets featured by many news sources and gets a Behind a paper feature by Nature Microbiology Communities!
- The lab welcomes the US ARO REAP high-school students from local schools in Missouri and Illinois, Thinh Vu and Ilori Tankpinou! Cheers on starting your scientific journey with us!
- Excited that our collaborative NSF-MRI for new imaging tools was funded!
- Eric receives the Schneiderman Fellowship! Yay!
- Congrats to Tahina on his promotion to Lab Manager!
May 2021 - It is commencement season! The graduate school honors Arpita as a Faculty Marshal for the graduate school's commencement ceremony in recognition of her excellence in research and her efforts in diversity, equity and inclusion across all educational levels! Congrats to all the 2021 graduates in advance!
- Aiyana Evers returns as a summer undergraduate to the Bose lab! She will continue her project from 2019!
- Congrats to Wei for getting industry job offers both in Boston and the Bay Area! Yay!
- Arpita is unanimously voted in as 1 of 6 new Applied and Environmental Microbiology Associate Editors! Let's make a difference together ASM!
- Congrats to Miriam for being chosen as an Inaugural Chancellor's Fellow! You are on a roll!!! Yay!
- The Bose and Meacham Lab's receive WUSTL's first DEPSCoR grant from the US DOD, Air Force Office of Scientific Research! Let's do some amazing science on opportunistic human pathogens!
- Congrats to several members of the lab for acceptance of our paper on marine photoferrotrophy to ISME J! It is such a tour de force kind of paper. Special congrats to Dinesh, Mike and Karthik!!
- Congrats to Eric for defending his thesis proposal! Woo Hoo!
April 2021 - Zi'Onay Walker receives support from the Association of Biomedical Research for her research! Congrats!
- Miriam Silberman and Zi'Onay Walker both receive MARC uSTAR fellowships for rising juniors! Woo hoo!
- Arpita presents at the 18th Microbial Sciences Initiative Symposium at Harvard University!
- Congrats to Andreea for defending her thesis proposal! Woo hoo!
- Congrats to Andreea for receiving a WUSTl Association for Women Faculty Student Award for 2021! Yay! Read all about it here!
- Congrats to Emily for defending her thesis with an unwavering passion for non hypothesis driven climate science! Go go go! I am with you 100%!
March 2021 - Arpita receives tenure! Let's do some amazing science!
- The Association of Biomedical Research chooses our lab to support an undergraduate for a scholarship! This is an amazing honor!
- Congratulations to Eric and Emily for acceptance of their paper!
- Arpita will present at the 43rd Symposium on Biomaterials, Fuels and Chemicals by the Society for Microbial Biotechnology!
February 2021 - Arpita is now an Associate Editor at Frontiers in Microbiology!
- Arpita attends the NSF-funded GRACES workshop for women of color in quantitative fields. She meets 20 other women to talk to! Also, check out this TED talk by Paolo Gaudiano, the PI on the NSF grant on bias and its consequences in companies.
- Arpita will be giving talks at The Microbial Sciences Initiative Symposium at Harvard University in April and University of California, Davis in June!
- Arpita is an affiliate faculty at the Center for Water Innovation headed by Jason He!
- Arpita is invited to join the European Cooperation in Science and Technology (EU-COST) as a Biotechnology Expert, and the Environmental Biotechnology (EB) Division of the European Federation of Biotechnology (EFB)!
January 2021 - Happy New Year! Consider looking up the Center for the Women of New York! Thanks for adding Arpita to your group with a lovely virtual wine tasting. Arpita shared this gift with all the women in the department!
- Congrats to Karthik for approval of his H1b VISA! Woo hoo!
- Cool science alert! Our collaborative paper with Lawrence Livermore National Lab is accepted to Nano Letters!
- Wei gets many interviews in the Boston Biotech scene! Woo hoo!
- Congrats to our lab for being selected for the Army Educational Outreach Program Research and Engineering Apprenticeship Program for 2021 to support high school students from underrepresented groups! An exciting start to the New Year! Shaping the future of US science! Go Diversity, Equity and Inclusion!
- The Bose Lab welcomes undergraduate athlete and WUSTL College Prep scholar, Delton Utsey and Jennifer Olabode. Undergraduate athlete Zi'Onay Walker also returns along with Congress of the South 40 Speaker undergraduate Miriam Silberman. Gabris Ni joins as well and will be working outside the lab via virtual platforms. We have an all star undergraduate team!
December 2020 - Arpita presents at Princeton University, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology!
- Arpita presents to WUSTL first year undergraduates in Bio 181: First Year Seminar in Biology!
- I look forward to attending the rescheduled NSF funded GRACES workshop at CCNY for Women of Color in Quantitative Fields! I can't wait for this in the New Year! If you are reading this and are interested in joining the GRACES project to find people to talk to, please email me! Now it is February 18, at 1 PM EST!
- Wei defends her thesis! Another PhD from the lab!
- Rajesh presents at the American Geophysical Union on the role of phototrophic extracellular electron uptake in Ellis Island, Missouri!
- In this preprint, Anthony Abel, Jacob Hilzinger, Adam Arkin and Douglas Clark present a convincing case that Rhodopseudomonas palustris TIE-1 is a great chassis for Microbial Electrosynthesis (MES) based on extensive comparative modeling of many autotrophs! Thanks Profs. Arkin and Clark! We could not agree more! They predict that TIE-1 is at Technology Readiness Level 4, highest amongst all the microbes they considered for MES! This is our lab's effort!
November 2020 - Thanks to Dr. Richard Baltz et al. for saying this so eloquently in the "Introduction to Special Issue on “Frontiers in Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology 2020"
"The Environmental Microbiology program committee also organized a session, sponsored by the Department of Energy’s Office for Biological and Environmental Research, to showcase the work and professional career path of women leading efforts in fields of applied and environmental microbiology where gender imbalance persists. This special issue follows up on these efforts with review articles from two women pioneering basic and applied science on electrically active microorganisms. Clark and Reguera  contributed a review on the biology and biotechnology of conductive protein appendages that electricity-producing bacteria used as nanowires to immobilize toxic metals and radionuclides. Arpita Bose and colleagues  review the physiology, ecology, and evolution of extracellular electron uptake in autotrophic microbes and their potential use as microbial chassis for the electrosynthesis of value-added chemical commodities from CO2."
October 2020 - Congrats to Karthik et al. for acceptance of their paper to Nanotechnology! Nice way to start October!
- Congrats to Dr. Dinesh Gupta, you are such a rockstar! Your committee was so wowed by your defense they didn't even have to vote to pass you! Woo hoo!
- Thanks Nature Research Communities for your invitation to write the first "After the Paper" feature! We are so honored you asked us!
- Arpita gives a seminar at the University of Tuebingen, Germany!
September 2020 - Thanks to the Washington University Climate Program and Bennett Rosenberg, for the Spotlight on our research on sustainability!
- We welcome new undergrads Miriam Silberman and Zi'Onay Walker to the lab! Mackenzie also returns to the lab this semester!
- Congrats to Dinesh and Mike for acceptance of their paper! Woo hoo!
- Thanks to the Packard Foundation for making the graduation ceremony for the 2015 Fellows so memorable despite the difficult circumstances! The Virtual Coast required a new platform being built from scratch that became operational only 4 days before the symposium! It was absolutely marvelous! Wish all conferences would use it!
- Congrats to Dinesh and Mike for getting the Cover of JIMB!
August 2020 - Talks are going online and Arpita is going to present the lab's research at the Packard Symposium, the American Geophysical Union Meeting, University of Tuebingen, Germany and at Princeton University this year virtually!
- The Bose Lab welcomes Adrienne Brauer as the lab's newest PMB rotation student!
July 2020 - Congrats to Dinesh for securing a post-doctoral position at University of California, Berkeley! Woo hoo!
June 2020 - We return to lab after the COVID-19 lockdown!
- Congrats to Rajesh, Tahina, Wei and Dinesh for acceptance of their paper to Applied and Environmental Microbiology! Woot woot! Also, double-congrats on being selected for the Applied and Environmental Microbiology Spotlight by the Editors!
- Learn a little bit about our own Dinesh Gupta in this month's Biology Spotlight!
- Congrats to Kevin Johnson for entering Case Western Medical School!
May 2020 - Thanks to the anonymous nominator for nominating Arpita for the SN10 Scientist to Watch 2020 chosen by Science News! Our lab is so honored!
- Arpita shares her experiences teaching undergrads using flawed research via Course Hero!
- Thank you NSF for funding our research on Sustainable Bioproduction!
- The lab welcomes Joycie Chang and Dhruv Vaze this summer for a virtual Army Education Outreach Program!
April 2020 - Congratulations to Eric for passing his qualifying exam with flying colors!
February to March 2020 - The COVID-19 response is the majority of our effort in these months
January 2020 - Congratulations to Emily for passing her qualifying exam with flying colors!
- The Bose Lab receives Army Outreach Educational Research Program funding for summer research!
December 2019 - Dinesh gets permission to graduate! Woo hoo! Second Bose lab PhD soon to be!
- The Bose-Blodgett Holiday Party is back to the house this year! on popular demand!
November 2019 - Dinesh's mBio paper is featured in the Source, EurekAlert and many other news sources!
- Dinesh is featured by FEMS! Congrats Dinesh! You are amazing!
- Arpita gives a seminar on the lab's basic science research at the University of Missouri - St. Louis, Tahina's alma mater!
October 2019 - Arpita presents the lab's basic research at the Argonne National Lab!
- Duke University features the lab's research in their research blog!
- Phys.org features our lab's research!
- Congrats to Dinesh for acceptance of his work on PioAB to mBio!
- WUSTL features our educational efforts in St. Louis via the Gateway Summer Science Program and the Changing the Face of Mentorship Award from L'Oreal that helps support his effort!
September 2019 - Arpita attends the 31st Packard Symposium. Here past and present Packard Fellows present a gift to Nobel Laureate Frances Arnold!
- The Bose lab welcomes graduate student Andreea Stoica!
- The Bose lab gets to work with scientists at the Lawrence Livermore National Lab!!! Yippee!
- Congrats to Tahina on his promotion!
- Arpita presents the lab's basic research at Duke University!
August 2019 - Congrats to Emily for being chosen for the NIH Genomics Training grant! You are a rockstar Emily!
- Welcome Jenna McGuffey, the newest Bose lab rotation student!
- Congrats to Karthik on the birth of his second son!
July 2019 - Thanks to LOreal and AAAS for the Changing the Face of STEM Mentor Award!
- Congrats to Wei for her abstract getting accepted for a talk at American Institute of Chemical Engineers Annual Meeting!
- Dinesh presents his seminal research on the molecular mechanisms of how microbes eat electricity at the Applied and Environmental Microbiology Gordon Research Seminar and Conference!
- Congrats to Dinesh for winning both the Trends in Microbiology and the FEMS Microbiology and Ecology Best Poster Prizes! Dinesh you are amazing!
- Congrats to Mike for defending his thesis with flying colors!!! Congrats Dr. Guzman!
June 2019 - The Bose lab welcomes Kayla Anderson, the Young Scientist Program student to the lab!
- Thanks to the Moore Foundation for selecting me as a finalist for the Moore Inventor Fellowship!
- Thanks to the US Department of Energy for supporting our session "Women in Environmental Science" at SIMB in Washington, D.C.!
- The US Department of Energy report on Genome Engineering for Material Synthesis is out from our workshop last October!
May 2019 - Mike graduates this May! Congrats Dr. Guzman. He heads to Lawrence Livermore National Lab as a Post-doctoral scholar in August!
- Aiyana Evers and Grace Choi join the lab for exciting Department of Defense research!
April 2019 - The month starts on a high note! Welcome Emily Davenport, the newest Bose lab member!
- Tahina's work gets featured in the Source and many other news sources! We are that much closer to making bioplastics sustainably from just carbon dioxide, light and electricity!
- The Bose lab welcome Aiyana Evers as the US Army HSAP student and Grace Choi as the US Army URAP student this summer! Woo hoo! Girl power!
- The St. Genevieve Herald features the HSAP Aiyana Evers and the Bose lab!
- Congratulations to Dianne Newman, one of my post-doc mentors for being elected into the National Academy of Sciences!
March 2019 - Nature features our work in a "Behind the Paper" article!
- Our newest paper in Nature Communications is featured by WUSTL! And now by many many news sources!
- Congrats to Tahina on acceptance of his paper showing that iron/electricity, carbon dioxide and light is all some microbes need to make bioplastics! A step toward sustainability!
- Congrats to Karthik and Rajesh for acceptance of their review showing that microbes that eat electricity can help with sustainable bioproduction, a new frontier!
- So blessed to receive funds for a one-of-a-kind microscope from the Department of Defense's Defense University Research Instrumentation Program (DURIP)!
February 2019 - The Bose lab's research and outreach efforts are featured by the Ampersand in a cool Youtube video!
- Congrats to Mike on the acceptance of his big research paper to Nature Communications!! And getting a "Behind the paper" feature in Nature!
- The Bose lab welcomes its newest member! Welcome Eric Conners! Let's embark on another journey of kick ass science!
January 2019 - Congrats to Bryan for his acceptance to Stony Brook Medical School!
- Wei presents her research at the International Conference on Biomolecular Engineering!
- Congrats to Dinesh on the acceptance of his paper!
- Congrats to Arpita for acceptance of her paper to mBio!
December 2018 - Congrats to Mike on acceptance of his paper!
- Congrats to Mike on acceptance of another paper in the same month!
- Congrats to Bryan for getting accepted to the Indiana University Medical School!
- Wei presents her research at the CRISPR meeting!
- Congrats to the lab for getting great reviews on many papers this month! It's been a bumper year!
- The Bose-Blodgett holiday party will be at J Greene's Irish Pub this year. Lots to celebrate!
- The Bose Lab gets funding for the two summer undergraduate researchers through the competitive US Department of Defense, Army Research Office's URAP program! Yippee!!! Interested students should apply here.
November 2018 - Mike's papers are now in review in influential journals!
- Congrats to Tahina for being featured in the Biology spotlight! You are an inspiration to all of us.
- Arpita talks to junior faculty about "Things I wish I knew then at WUSTL"!
- Arpita participates in the WUSTL Undergrad Mentor Connections at WUSTL!
October 2018 - The Bose lab hosts our friend and collaborator Prof. Steven Hallam for a talk at WUBio!
- Mike gets the green light to defend his thesis (3 years in the lab and you are off)! Woohoo soon to be Dr. Guzman!
- Excited to go to the 2018 Genome Engineering for Material Synthesis (GEMS) Workshop organized by DOE-BER!
- Congrats to Mike on his invited talk at NA-ISMET! Have a blast in Minnesota Mike!
- Congrats to Dinesh on winning the Best Poster Award at the Plant and Microbial Biosciences Retreat!
- Congrats to Mike for getting an invitation to talk at the 44th Midwest and Southwest Phototroph meeting!
September 2018 - It was great to meet some old friends at the Packard Fellowship's 30th reunion! Also, it was fun listening to some amazing science!
- Making a short video with Sean Garcia! Hope it is as fun as the last ones!
- Arpita is featured in the September Missouri Cures Newsletter!
- Karthik's paper is featured in Science Trends!
August 2018 - Arpita heads to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to the International Society for Phototrophic Prokaryotes 2018 Meeting to give a plenary lecture on Dinesh and Mike's work!
- Arpita heads to the Society of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology Meeting in Chicago, Illinois to give a talk in the "Electric Microbiomes" session!
- Arpita had an awesome visit to Interamerican University in Puerto Rico! The Barranquitas, Bayamon and San Juan campus talks were great! The extracurricular activities were even better!
July 2018 - Mike Guzman gives an awesome talk about his upcoming paper at the Microbial Stress Response Gordon Research Conference!
- Arpita goes to the Microbial Diversity Summer Course to help kick off the new directors George O'Toole and Rachel Whitaker. We also start the Microbial Diversity-WUSTL-Gateway Science Summer Program collaboration on electrotrophic phototrophs!
- Arpita heads to Austria for the Iron Biogeochemistry Conference in Lech!
June 2018 - Congrats to Wei for her wedding celebration in China! We miss you!
- Arpita is featured in the DBBS faculty spotlight!
- Welcome Gateway Science Summer Program students! May you have a fun summer in my lab Omar!
- Congrats to Mike Guzman for being selected to give a talk at the Microbial Stress Response Gordon Research Conference!
- Please checkout "The Gateway Science Summer Program" website!
May 2018 - Welcome all summer students! We look forward to another fun summer in the Bose lab!
- Stay-tuned for exciting new papers from the Bose lab as pre-prints soon!
April 2018 - Arpita presents for the Washington University Undergraduate Prospects!
- Go Plant and Microbial Biosciences program! We have such an amazing class this year! We would love to recruit 2 graduate students this year!
- We have an early summer graduation party for Bryan! Bryan continues for a year in our lab as a technician! Congrats Bryan!
March 2018 - Our bioremediation research sponsors, Interamerican University of Puerto Rico come for an awesome field visit. The best part of Spring so far! Go "Inter"!!!
- Arpita goes to D. C. for a Office of Naval Research meeting!
- Arpita presents Dinesh and Michael's research at the ACS General Meeting in New Orleans!
- Dinesh presents for PMB lunch!
- Arpita presents Dinesh and Michael's research at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater!
- Congrats to Karthik on the acceptance of his paper!
February 2018 - Mike presents his interesting and exciting data for PMB lunch!
January 2018 - Happy New Year! The year starts with the Faculty Retreat on January 5th!
- Arpita presents at the Army Research Office PI meeting!
- First class! Check!
- Flu oh terrible flu! Be safe everyone!
- Thank you to Rajesh Singh for delivering the "Introduction to Geomicrobiology" lecture for Bio 349! The students loved you Rajesh!
- Lily Tang joins the Bose lab as its first freshman undergrad! Welcome Lily! We love your enthusiasm and hope that it is infectious!