Our lab studies microbial metabolisms and their influence on biogeochemical cycling using an interdisciplinary approach. We apply the knowledge we gain to generate new ways of addressing issues such as the energy crisis, pollution, biofouling and sustainability.
February 2017 - Congrats to Mike on approval of his thesis proposal!
January 2017 - Happy New Year! Congrats to Tahina on his marriage!
- The Bose lab welcomes PMB rotation student Virginia Johnson!
- Congrats to Dinesh for passing his Qualifying Examination with flying colors!
- Congrats to Michael on the acceptance of his first paper!
- Congrats to Wei for passing her Thesis Proposal Defense with flying colors!
December 2016 - Arpita presents at the Department of Microbiology, Southern Illinois University!
November 2016 - Arpita presents at the Office of Naval Research/Department of Energy ARPA-E workshop at the ARPA-E Headquarters in Washington D.C.!
October 2016 - Arpita presents the PMB lunch seminar.
- Wei, Dinesh, Karthik and Rajesh present at the PMB Retreat!
- Arpita attends the Newman Lab Sweet Sixteen at Caltech!
- The Bose, Blodgett and Zaher labs establish the WUSTL-Gateway Science Academy High School partnership to help talented under-represented students to enter STEM fields! Woohoo!
September 2016 - Arpita presents the lab's research at the Packard Symposium in Monterey, California!
August 2016 - Michael, Rajesh and Dinesh will present their exciting research at the MIdwest Geobiology Symposium!
- Beau plays for the NCAA as part of the WashU Soccer team!
July 2016 - Congrats to Bryan on being accepted to the Organization for Tropical Studies in South Africa (OTS): Ecology and Conservation – Study Abroad. We will miss you this Fall!
June 2016 - Welcome YSP high-school student Donjayla and Webster high-school graduate Taylor!
May 2016 - Frank Emelue gets uSTAR support to work in the lab. Congrats Frank!
April 2016 - Bryan gets BioSURF funding to do summer research in the lab! Congrats Bryan!
March 2016 - Bose Lab gets SEED funding from URSA to develop an idea into a small company!
- Congrats to Wei on her engagement!!!
- Michael gets an honorable mention for the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship this year! Congrats Michael!
- Michael receives a "Special Recognition" from the Ford Foundation! Congrats Michael!
February 2016 - Wei Bai presents her research at the Graduate Research Symposium!
January 2016 - Happy New Year! Dinesh joins the lab as its third graduate student! Welcome Dinesh!
- Michael passes his Qualifying Exam!!! Congrats Michael!
December 2015 - Welcome new post-docs Rajesh and Karthik!
November 2015 - Beau, Michael and Tahina present Beau's research at the Midstates Consortium Undergraduate Research Symposium!
October 2015 - Arpita is named a 2015 Packard Fellow. Congratulations Bose lab!
- Michael and Tahina present their results at the PMB retreat!
September 2015 - The Bose lab begins their industrial collaboration with ARhM, LLC on bioremediation research.
- Congrats to Natalia, Michael and Tahina for their poster being accepted to the 2015 Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS) in Seattle!
August 2015 - Welcome DBBS rotation students and my daughter Vivian Meera, the newest and youngest lab member:)
July 2015 - Goodbye Natalia and Taylor! We miss you already! Thanks for an awesome summer! Taylor, we can't wait to see you next year and Natalia, good luck with your grad school applications!
June 2015 - Welcome Summer students Bryan, Natalia and Taylor! Let's do some cool science!
May 2015 - The Bose lab receives collaborative DOE funding to help develop advanced microbial imaging techniques!
- Meredith graduates and heads to Medical School. We miss you!
- Michael joins the lab!