We are in the process of rebuilding our old web site on this new site. Hopefully all the material has been successfully transferred. The old site can still be reached here:
A Society catering for all modellers
Founded in 1965, the Society has always supported all modellers in 3mm scale, whether they build their own models from scratch or kits, or run the original Triang TT trains.
A scale society not a gauge society
More and more modellers are looking to work in 3mm – a scale that allows plenty of detail to be modelled and a decent-sized layout to be built in a modest space. Society members work to a variety of gauges: the original 12mm, 13.5 and 14.2mm fine scale, Irish and Brunel broad gauges and narrow gauge.
A Society that offers so much
With more than 30 active Area Groups throughout the country and a large worldwide membership, the Society is thriving. It produces an informative, high-quality quarterly magazine and newsletter, and, of course, there is this web site that you are reading.
The Society has also sponsored a huge range of 3mm kits and components which are available exclusively to members, including loco and rolling-stock wheels, cast and etched loco and rolling stock, track components and over 50 Parkside Dundas plastic wagon kits. The society’s second-hand Sales offers vintage Triang equipment at sensible prices.
• More layout in a smaller space than 00/4mm
• It’s a modeller’s scale with extensive product support
• It’s large enough for fine detail to show
Why the 3mm Society?
• It caters for all 3mm modellers
• It has the products and stock to equip and support your modelling
• Society products match the quality of those in other scales
• There are friendly and welcoming Area Groups
• Members share expertise and help each other
• Quarterly magazine, Mixed Traffic, and Newsletter keep you entertained and informed
The latest index to Mixed traffic is availabe here
• Big second-hand stock – vintage Triang and current kits and bits
What is available?
• Etched and cast loco kits and components
• A huge range of loco and rolling-stock wheels
• Rail and track components
• Plastic, cast and etched wagon kits, including Parkside Dundas and Cambrian kits
• Etched coaches and components
• Spares for the original Triang models
• Published track and wheel standards for 12, 13.5 and 14.2mm gauges
• An internet discussion forum