I offer counseling services to discriminating families who wish to benefit from the privacy and efficacy of in-home services for their children.
- MS in Counseling from Central Connecticut State University
- PhD (in progress) in Counselor Education & Supervision from The University of the Cumberlands (still working on that dissertation!)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children & Adolescents from the Beck Institute
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy from the Medical University of South Carolina
- Telemental Health Professional Training from the Center for Credentialing & Education
- DBT Skills Training
- Sexual assault crisis counseling
- Over 150 hours of professional training in the last three years
Certifications & Licensure:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) within the state of CT
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Board Certified Telemental Health Provider (BC-TMH)
- Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS)
- Certified School Counselor
- Currently employed as a School Counselor in a middle school
- Private practice since 2016
- Emergency Mobile Psychiatric Services (EMPS) clinician
- Sexual assault crisis counselor
- American Red Cross Disaster Mental Health Responder
The counseling theories I most frequently utilize in my work with children & adolescents include: CBT, DBT, existential, gestalt, and humanistic theories. I also utilize mindfulness techniques and encourage the children to help me share this with their parents.
Personally, I am married and the proud mother of two very unique young men, one ridiculous dog, and an incredibly odd cat. Together we all live in Central Connecticut and enjoy computer gaming, kayaking, gardening, fishing, funny movies and just being together.
- Every child is capable & deserving of living a healthy & productive life.
- Every parent wants what is best for their children.
- Every family is unique and needs to be approached as such.
- The privacy of each family member is critical within the counseling process.
- One of the most crucial things I can bring to a counseling session is my warm acceptance of personal differences and belief that every problem is manageable.
My (severely neglected) blog: