Sciences and Technology School
Address: 6375 77 St., Red Deer, AB, T4P 3E9
Office Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Phone: (403) 340-3100
Fax: (403) 343-3110
At GSTS, we recognized that communication is the key to many of our and the goals of our stakeholders (students, parents, community members, and staff). In identifying this, a comprehensive communication strategy is in place to ensure that all the key school stakeholders receive the important information needed, without being overwhelmed or overrun with information.
Key to this strategy is the underlying understanding that all stakeholders have a responsibility to be active in communication and that stakeholders engage differently in their preferred method of communication, ie one size does not fit all.
GSTS commits, to the best of their ability, to keep its stakeholders informed.
GSTS Communication Strategy Breakdown
- School-wide: Phone calls (texting), Emails, Meetings, School eNewsletter, PowerSchool, School Messenger Send-Outs (Phone & Email), Website, Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), Printed Handouts, Morning Announcements, Daily Bulletin, Student Hub
- Kindergarten: Newsletters, Notices
- Grade 1: Newsletters, Agenda, SeeSaw
- Grade 2: Newsletters, Website, Agendas, Class Dojo
- Grade 3: Newsletters, Website, Agendas, Class Dojo, Packages
- Grade 4: Agendas, Freshgrade, Class Dojo
- Grade 5: Agendas, Website
- Grade 6: Website, Remind
- Grade 7: Newsletter, Google Classroom, Remind
- Grade 8: Google Classroom, Remind