School Plan of Operation
SCHOOL PLAN OF OPERATION TIMELINE
- Schools receive strategic budget for the upcoming school year. The School Performance Plan template for the upcoming school year is opened.
January 17 – February 21
- The principal, with the assistance and advice of the School Organizational Team, develops the Plan of Operation, consisting of the strategic budget and School Performance Plan.
- The principal presents the Plan of Operation in a public Team meeting.
- The principal submits the Plan of Operation to the School Associate Superintendent for approval.
- The School Associate Superintendent approves the Plan of Operation.
- The principal posts the approved Plan of Operation on the school website.
April - August
- Schools adjust School Performance Plans, based upon achievement data, feedback, and state requirements.
- District staffing count day (on or about the fourth week of each school year).
- The principal holds Results Season meeting and presents school achievement and survey data for the prior year in a public meeting, sets measurable objectives, and revises plan as necessary.
- The principal, in consultation with the School Organizational Team, sets measurable objectives and makes revisions to their School Performance Plan and makes adjustments to strategic budgets based on actual student enrollment. If the Plan of Operation requires significant change, an amendment to the plan is submitted to the School Associate Superintendent for approval.
PROCESS FOR APPROVAL OF THE SCHOOL PLAN OF OPERATION
PROCESS FOR APPEAL OF THE SCHOOL PLAN OF OPERATION
If the Team objects to the Plan of Operation that is submitted by the principal for approval, the Team may submit a written request to the School Associate Superintendent to consider revision of the plan, based on recommendations of the Team. The appeal must be approved by majority vote of the Team, and the Chair or his/her designee must submit the request to the School Associate Superintendent.
(Click image to view larger)
The decision of the Superintendent is final and cannot be appealed further.