New Canaan High School is proud to be in year nine of its Senior Internship Program (SIP).
For the 2018/19 school year the Senior Internship Program will be from May 21 to aproximately June 13*. We will know the exact end date by April.
*It may run longer depending on snow days.
The Program offers NCHS seniors an opportunity to explore future careers by experiencing the World of Work first hand. It will also provide businesses with motivated and eager workers and a potential pool of future employees.
What to expect:
- SIP is an approximately three to four week, unpaid internship. It is scheduled for the last three to four weeks of the academic year.
- Interns will work on-site at a business or organization approximately 25 hours per week, according to a schedule determined by the work site supervisor and the work site's needs. Interns will have SIP tasks to complete off-site, such as journaling.
- SIP is designed to operate during school hours (on-site hours will be scheduled between 7:30 am and 3 pm) but other arrangements may be made with particular Interns.
- To the extent possible, students will be matched to an internship that matches their skills and interests.
For further information, please contact Heather Bianco, Coordinator of the New Canaan High School Senior Internship Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 11/19/18 SIP application opens
- 12/14/18 SIP application closes
- 12/15/18 Students start to view available internship choices
- 1/4/19 SIP deadline for self designed internship proposal
- 1/4/19 Student interviews with SIP committee begins
- 1/25/19 Student interviews with SIP committee ends
- 4/27/19 Mandatory meeting for SIP students in Wagner Room
- 5/20/19 Mandatory meeting for SIP students in Auditorium at 8am
- 5/21/19 Internship begins
- 6/13/19 Internship ends (end date will most likely change due to snow days)
- 6/13/19 SIP reception at 5pm in auditorium(date may change due to snow days)