Ten people came together in 1855 to form the Mitchell Presbyterian Church, the oldest continuous organized church in Mitchell. When membership reached 60, a frame building was erected in 1859 on the Main Street of Mitchell. A brick building was started in 1870, was altered and added to, until an arson fire destroyed the structure in January of 1993. The new building was started in October 1994 and completed in June of 1995. The Mitchell Presbyterian Church is a part of the Presbyterian Church (USA), Synod of Lincoln Trails and Presbytery of Ohio Valley.
The congregation of Mitchell Presbyterian Church welcomes you to join us in worship and fellowship.
We are faithful followers of Jesus Christ, the Head and firm foundation of the Church.
Christ calls us:
- To witness for Him by sharing the Good News through worship, teaching , and service at home and everywhere
- to be a caring church in our community by providing a place where people can find love, support, and fellowship
- to glorify God by our lives