Information listed below does not refer to school year 2020 - 2021
Cross Country: girls / boys
Soccer: girls / boys
Basketball: girls varsity / boys varsity
Intramural: fitness center
Baseball: boys varsity and junior varsity
Softball: girls varsity and junior varsity (depending on numbers)
Track & Field: boys / girls
Intramural: volleyball and ultimate frisbee
Before any student may participate in any sport at any level, a copy of a current physical examination must be turned in to the school nurse.
All exams are good for 13 months from the date of exam.
Registration and payment for any sport at Diamond will be through an online process.
Intramural registration is not done online. Forms will be available three weeks prior to the start of each session. These forms can be downloaded from the Diamond athletics website or picked up in the gym lobby.
Other important information:
- Depending on the number of participants, varsity sports will have try-outs.
- Varsity sports are a 5 day a week commitment.
- Junior varsity is a 3 day a week commitment.
- Cross Country and track & field do not have try-outs. Everybody makes the team.
- All sports compete against other schools in the Middle School Middlesex League.
- There will be home and away games / meets.
- Girls lacrosse meets 4 days a week
- Intramural sports are recreational and meet two times per week for six weeks.
- All practices and intramural activities run from 3:00 – 4:30.
- On game / meet days, finishing times will be later.
Varsity - $150
Junior Varsity - $125
Intramurals - $75
Family Cap - $825 (intramurals are not eligible for the family cap)
**For cross country and track, all who sign up make the varsity team. However, sixth graders are charged the $125 user fee due to the fact they only compete in home meets.
All athletic information is communicated to the students through the specific sports coaches, team webpage on the Diamond website, as well as through morning and afternoon announcements during the school year.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links on these athletics pages will let you leave the Diamond Middle School web site. The linked sites are not under the control of the Middle School or the Lexington Public Schools district, and neither the middle school nor the district is responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained on a linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are being provided to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by the middle school or the district of Lexington.