To Report an Absence
- You may call 512-570-3414 or email email@example.com
- Leander ISD requires a parent/guardian or doctors signature within 48hrs of your student returning to school in order to excuse an absence. You are welcome to scan/fax a note or your student can bring one into the front office.
- Please note - leaving a message or email does NOT excuse your students absence.
Within two (2) days of returning from an absence, a student shall provide a note that describes the reason for absence with student’s parent or guardian signature.
The note should include the following information:
1. Full legal name of student,
2. Student's ID number and grade written on the note or on the medical document,
3. Date(s) of absence
4. Reason for absence
5. Parent signature and phone number.
***Medical documentation can take the place of the parent note.
- If you have received an absence notification for your student, and you feel this is an error, please contact that teacher directly. Absences can not be changed without verification from that teacher.
- If a student is more than ten (10) minutes late to class, the student will receive an absence for that class period.
**It can take up to 48 hours to process attendance notes and make any changes. Please check txconnect for updates. **