Rachael L. Toy
- STEAM Coordinator; Henrico County Public Schools
- HCPS Aspiring Leadership Academy Cohort Participant
- Chair-Elect; Greater Richmond Area Educational Technology Consortium
- ITRT; L. Douglas Wilder MS, Henrico County Public Schools
- Teacher of the Year 2010 Quioccasin MS
Exceptionally passionate and professionally driven to support all learners by providing high quality authentic learning opportunities through innovative educational leadership.
I am a licensed middle grades Mathematics and Science educator currently serving as STEAM Coordintor for Henrico County Public Schools. My educational background includes:
- Bachelor of Science in Education, Middle School Education (Math and Science)
Baldwin Wallace University, Berea, Ohio
- Master of Science in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Technology
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
My master's program was accomplished as part of a cohort of Henrico County teachers and ITRTs working with the Teaching Innovation Progression Chart as our focus.
Over the past 12 years of experience in Henrico County Public Schools, I have consistently sought out ways to improve my teaching craft, instructional coaching and leadership skills through close collaboration with peers, school administration and county leadership. Attendance and presentations at regional professional conferences, joining advocacy groups like GRAETC AND VSTE, as well as participation in county level projects has further developed my communication and organizational skills. My experiences supporting county level specialists, content department chairs and individual teachers has allowed me the opportunities to grow as a professional developer and instructional coach.
I invite you to view my full resume below.