The award is intended to open new doors or provide an opportunity that would not otherwise have been available.To be eligible you must:
• Be a grade 12 graduate or equivalent.
• Be committed to pursuing post-secondary education, vocational training, skilled trades or adult education with a specific career focus -- i.e. not general studies. (Student does not have to be entering their training/education immediately following graduation.)
• Demonstrate a reasonable level of past academic achievement (not necessarily the academic elite).
• Demonstrate strength of character, honesty, diligence and reliability.
• Demonstrate financial need.
Deadline: May 15, 2017
The Top Hats are inviting applications for two scholarships, one in the amount of $1000.00 and the other in the amount of $500. The purpose of these scholarships is to support music instruction or further studies in the field of music.
- Any student musician in the City of Burlington who:
- has not previously won an Eric Ford Scholarship;
- is currently in grade 7 – 12, actively involved in a Burlington school band or orchestra, or is a member of the Burlington Teen Tour Band;
- is not a relative of a member of the Top Hat Marching Orchestra
Amount: 2 scholarships - one $500, one $1000
Deadline: May 30, 2018 (the letter online says 2016 - use this form regardless)
Awards open to local high school students to provide assistance with training as they progress in their sport.
Amount: Four Athletic Awards of $3,500 each
Deadline: May 31, 2017
The scholarship is awarded to a student graduating from a Burlington High School, who intends to pursue a future career in the Arts, studying at the post secondary level in a fine arts focused program
Amount: Minimum value $1000
Deadline: This is a school sponsored scholarship. Each Burlington school may nominate up to 2 students. Application packages must be received by May 31, 2017