Specialist Outreach Service - STOS
Specialist Outreach Service from Hamilton North School
The Specialist Outreach Service provides a specialist itinerant teaching service for students on the Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS) who are enrolled in a local school.
- Direct 1:1 teaching
- To support and advise classroom teachers
- To support and up-skill teacher aides
- Teaching students within class or small group settings.
- Assessing a student’s learning needs
- Plan appropriate programmes
- Monitor student progress and achievement and planning next steps
- To provide and access resources
- Model effective teaching strategies and practices for teachers and teacher aides
- Assist class teachers to differentiate class and school curriculum content.
- Adapt and prepare learning materials and resources appropriate for student needs.
- Liaise with MOE, staff, parents, and other professionals usually in consultation with the teacher or SENCO.
- Contribute to Individual Education Plan (IEP) planning and implementation
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Education, Learning Support for specialist services support.
Schools who wish to avail themselves of this service/or seek more information please contact the Principal, Tony Kane directly on 07 8493029 or email email@example.com