Welcome to the Center for Design and Technology!
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education is in high demand, a wonderful blend of curiosity, creativity and challenge. The Lanier High School Center for Design and Technology (CDAT) - a Georgia STEM-certified program - provides opportunities for students to gain the knowledge and skills required for careers in the areas of:
- Interactive Design
- Programming and Information Technology
- Software Development including Mobile Apps
- Game Development
- Competitive Mathematics
- Science Research and Methodology
- 2 and 3 D Creation and Animation
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- Robotics and Control Systems
- Additive and Subtractive Manufacturing
- and more as local/state industry demands
The programs offered at Lanier CDAT utilize creative expression and professional production skills and techniques as a means to develop mastery of core subject knowledge. Critical thinking, communication and problem solving skills are a core part of every project or task, and based on GCPS standards.
Working alongside industry partners, CDAT continues to help students become the next leaders in our STEM industries.