Camp General Information
Our Summer Programs Registration Office will open as of Sunday, April 16, 2017 Sunday - Thursday from 8:00am - 4:00 pm. Early registration is encouraged as some classes/programs fill up in April and early May.
Registering online is easy! To register online go to www.cacegypt.org/summer , once you access the site you can enter personal and health information and select your choice of programs and classes. Confirmation of classes depends on availability and upon payment in full. Payment must be made within one week of registration.
- The Summer Program Office has the right to cancel any class or program with insufficient enrollment.
- In case of class cancellation you will be entitled to receive a full refund or make a different course selection.
- In case of student cancellation, this student will be replaced according to the Summer Programs waiting list.
- Each enrichment class must have a minimum of six participants except for art classes which must have a minimum of eight participants.
- Students/Parents cannot request class changes once the session begins. If there are any issues or concerns regarding a class please refer them to the Summer Program Office.
CAMPUS HOURS AND RULES
- Admission to the CAC campus is by issued CAC ID cards only.
- CAC community members will use their CAC ID cards.
- All visiting participants will receive their schedule on the first day of session this will act as their picture ID and so they must carry it with them at all times.
- The Summer Program ID card (schedule) will allow participants to access the campus Sunday - Thursday from 7:45 -3:15 only.
- If participants lose their ID cards (schedule), they must return to school for a renewed card (schedule).
- Participants are to be on time for their respective classes: latecomers disrupt the activities and programming.
- Participants are not to be at school before 7:45 or after 3:15.
- Parents may only wait in the designated areas during pickup and drop-off times. Non-CAC ID card holders cannot remain on campus while students are attending camp. Summer Program parents may not enter classrooms unless requested to do so.
STUDENT DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP
- Please drop-off and pick-up participants at the Front Gate (Gate number 1) of CAC on Road 253. Kindly maintain orderly flow of traffic on Road 253 while dropping- off and picking-up your child. Do not park your car outside the Front Gate.
- An air-conditioned drop-off and pick-up room will be available where participants can group before the start of their classes and before they go home. This room will also contain an 'Information Desk' and a 'Lost & Found' depot.
BREAKS AND LUNCH
Students MUST remain on campus during breaks and lunch. Prior written parent permission is required in cases where a student must leave campus for any reason during breaks or lunch.
- The morning break is from 10:00am-10:20am.
- Lunch is from 12:20pm-1:00pm.
- The CAC catering service will provide lunch, drinks, snacks, and treats all day long for those who wish to purchase such items (a list of prices will be available in the Summer Programs Office and at the Information Desk).
- Please pack a healthy lunch with plenty of fluids for your child or provide lunch money.
- There are filtered water fountains on campus.
- Please do not litter our beautiful campus.
- Snacks and fluids are forbidden in the computer labs, by the pool, and in the gymnasium.
FIRST AID STATION
- Participants who feel unwell should visit our resident medical adviser in the Health Office so that she can tend to them and call parents or guardians if necessary.
- Daily class and program attendance is expected and required from all participants.
- The Summer Programs take attendance daily.
- Parents or guardians must call the Summer Programs Office if a child will be absent.
- If any participant has been absent from a class or program for four successive days or more, he or she will be dropped from the course without a refund.
- If a participant is consistently late, the instructor will inform the Summer Programs Office.
- The Summer Programs Office will contact parents or guardians if a participant is late for a third time.
- If tardiness persists, the participant will be dropped from the course without a refund.
- Every participant and instructor has the right to a safe, fun, and respectful learning environment.
- All participants must be polite to one another, to their instructors, and to visitors on our campus.
- Summer Program instructors have high behavioral expectations of all participants and will uphold the Summer Program discipline policy.
- Participants will act in a responsible manner, will exhibit courtesy and respect to others, and will respect the property and feelings of others.
- Participants are welcome to the CAC campus, and in return, CAC expects everyone to maintain the cleanliness and beauty of the campus.
- Littering is not acceptable at CAC.
VANDALISM AND THEFT
- Any vandalism will result in immediate expulsion without any refund; serious acts of vandalism will result in financial obligation.
- Participants are expected to maintain and respect the grounds, the buildings, the classrooms, and classroom materials.
- CAC does not assume responsibility for lost, broken, or stolen valuables.
- Please do not send items of value with your child to school. If your child must bring something of value, then please tell your child to bring it to the Summer Programs Office for safekeeping.
CLASSROOMS AND ACTIVITY AREAS
- Participants are not to be in any classroom or facility without an instructor present.
- Participants are not to bring food or fluids into any classroom or gym except for water.
- CAC is a smoke free campus. Smoking is strictly forbidden.
- Participants are to wear clothing that is suitable for a learning environment and for our host culture.
- CAC asks for modesty, neatness, and respectfulness.
- Participants must wear shoes at all times, except in the pool area.
- Shirts and blouses must cover the shoulders.
- Midriffs should not show and cutoff shirts are not acceptable.
- Shorts must be modest.
- No torn, ripped, or cutoff clothing is acceptable.
- Day Campers must wear sports shoes.
- For participants in art and crafts or cooking classes, a cover-up or apron is advisable.
- It is advisable that all participants wear hats and sun-screen to protect against the sun.
- Enrichment sports classes and Day Camp activities demand sports shoes and comfortable cotton clothing.
- No sandals are allowed for either sports enrichment classes or the Day Camp.
- Participants with long hair should have ties and/or bands.
- For swimming classes, participants must supply their own swimsuit, deck sandals, goggles, and a towel. (Although the CAC swimming pool does not require swim caps for participants with long hair, long hair should be tied back.)
- For dance classes, participants must wear comfortable clothing and sports shoes.