Welcome to Launch!
Launch is EMM’s cross-cultural discipleship training program, for those who want to develop their cross-cultural understanding in an increasingly globalized world and build their mission and discipleship skills to help all people encounter and grow in Jesus.
Launch includes three integrated phases:
Eight modules included on this google site built around EMM’s core values of obedience, well-being, and multiplication. These modules need to be completed before the Intensive training event. Modules usually contain brief study material (e.g. an article or video) followed by some simple activities and completed with a reflective exercise. Each participant is connected with a missional coach who helps introduce and debrief the modules.
The resources in each module provide the backdrop for a specific skill or activity that we are inviting you to practice. Some of these activities may be new. Some of them you may be very familiar with. If they are part of your current practice, then feel free to simply report on your current experience with that practice. If you have experience with the activity but have not done it recently, then we ask that you give it a fresh try.
After completing each module connect with your missional coach.
Intensive: Gathering with other Launch participants and EMM staff for a time of community building, learning, and seeking God together. A time to gather with like-minded disciples to deepen the formational work God is doing in you. Times of discussion around key ministry concepts are interspersed with times of personal reflection, prayer ministry, team building, and lots of fun.
June 17–29 at MCC's Welcoming Place, 21 S 12th St, Akron, PA 17501
Stay connected in an online learning community for up to one year after the Launch Intensive. A monthly video call provides accountability and encouragement as you apply Launch concepts in life and ministry.
Transformational learning cannot be rushed! We believe that this process provides key ingredients for people to encounter Jesus, His people, and His world in a way that will better equip them to live out His calling on their lives.
If you participate in Launch without pursuing an EMM mission assignment, here’s what you need to know:
- Going through the Launch Modules (1–7; 8 optional) with an EMM coach is required in order to attend the Launch Intensive (phase 2).
- Being part of the Launch Cohort (phase 3) is optional, depending on what best meets your discipleship needs.
- You will need to complete a basic application and an interview with Sherrie Ober.
- A reference form will be sent to a pastor or other ministry leader.
- Once approved, you will be asked to submit a deposit of $100 to confirm registration and you will then be paired with a missional coach to walk with you through the process.
We believe that there are four key pieces of transformational learning:
- Mentoring: As you walk through the Launch training process, you will have a missional coach journeying with you. This person will connect with you as you engage the modules, during the training event, and throughout the first year of your assignment.
- Conceptual learning and practical experience: The resources in each module provide the backdrop for a specific skill or activity that we are inviting you to practice. Some of these activities may be new. Some of them you may be very familiar with. If they are part of your current practice, then feel free to simply report on your current experience with that practice. If you have experience with the activity but have not done it recently, then we ask that you give it a fresh try.
- Learning community: We believe that learning happens best in community. You will have the opportunity to meet other Launch participants at the training event and to interact with them throughout the first year of your assignment through your Launch cohort.
We look forward to walking with you on this journey of discipleship!
If you have questions at any time, please feel free to email the executive assistant to the Mission Team.