Participate in sport and other physical recreation to improve your health and fitness
The Physical Recreation section is a chance for you to focus on your health and fitness, and have fun along the way.
Try something completely different or concentrate on something you already do, as long as it requires a continuous level of energy and physical activity.
From yoga to football, skateboarding to walking – almost any dance, sport or fitness activity can count.
Whether you decide to join a team or do it on your own, it’s up to you.
Examples of Physical Recreation:
- Ball sports - football, rugby, volleyball, basketball, golf, tennis, badminton
- Athletics - running, jumping, throwing, biathlon, triathlon, decathlon
- Water sports - canoeing, kayaking, swimming, water polo, diving, kiteboarding
- Martial arts - karate, judo, muay Thai, jiu jitsu, taekwondo
- Animal sports - horse riding, polo
• Developing a healthy lifestyle
• Improving fitness
• Increasing self-esteem
• Interacting socially, especially in a team sport
• Enhancing self-discipline, perseverance and self-motivation
• Experiencing a sense of achievement
• Encouraging teamwork, if the activity is a team sport