About District 25
District Mission Statement
Our core values across district 25 drive our vision of “strong roots, strong schools”. We believe as a district we must build strong foundations that support critical learning and innovation through high levels of student engagement, critical thinking and problem solving, creativity and student ownership of their learning. We believe that in order to foster citizens of the world, we must incorporate in these strong foundations a focus on social/emotional supports as well as cultural and civic responsibilities. We must also ensure that we foster our beliefs in equity, in meeting the diverse needs of our learners and providing access through supports, resources and high expectations for all students across our schools. In order to achieve our mission and vision we believe that the success of District 25 schools is predicated upon the collective learning of all constituents within the school community. We believe that our district builds strong roots that support our vision when school leaders and staff utilize data to support decisions. We believe that we learn and grow as a district when we engage in inquiry to support our professional growth. We believe that we will learn and grow as a district through strategic planning and delivery of professional learning opportunities designed to the learning needs of school leaders and staff. We believe that in order to nurture strong roots and strong schools that we must work alongside our families and foster meaningful partnerships from early childhood years that support student achievement and build successful pathways towards college and careers.
District Vision Statements
We will build Strong Roots:
- through the collective learning of all constituents allowing for meaningful connections and support of purposeful learning for all school leaders, staff, students and their families
- through opportunities that support high levels of student engagement, critical thinking, problem solving, creativity and student ownership of their learning.
- through integrating social/emotional and academic learning.
- through strong monitoring systems and the consistent use of data to support decision making.
- through strategic planning and delivery of professional learning opportunities which include inquiry studies that support our professional growth.
- through investing in family and community relationships to build successful pathways toward college and careers
- through fostering and involving cultural contexts within learning.
2018-2019 School Year Welcome Message
Families, students, and school staff,
Welcome back for the 2018-2019 school year! We in the district begin the school year energized and excited to collectively learn and grow as a community. We hope that each of you enjoyed your well-deserved break and are equally as excited to start the school year as we are.
The below video outlines our district goals and expectations for the new school year.