Three locations in Chatham County: Pittsboro, Goldston and Siler City
- Print and audio-visual materials at three library branches (materials can be transferred between branches by request)
- Reference materials and collections to assist with general research and genealogy/local history research
- eBooks, e-audiobooks, and online magazines
- Access to NC LIVE (a statewide database of newspapers, journals, magazines, reference sources, and eBooks) and other research databases
- Adult programs including book clubs, author events, and computer classes
- Children’s reading programs for various age groups
- Public computers and wi-fi access
- Books and More to Your Door: Homebound Delivery Service
Chatham Reads: Little Libraries
Chatham Reads has placed 8 little libraries in public spaces throughout Chatham County for people to borrow and return books of all levels. These libraries are located at Northeast, Northwest and Southwest District Parks, Town Lake Park, Bennett Elementary School, Sprott Youth Center in Moncure, The Learning Trail, and Boling Lane Park.
Chatham Education Foundation: Books on Break
CEF has provides Chatham County Schools students with books to help combat the summer slide. The program's aim is to get books into the hand of students in need to ensure they continue to make academic gains over the summer months. In 2018 over 6000 books were placed in the hands of low income students. In 2017 we partnered again with CEF and other community groups for the Books on Break program and distributed new books to every student at Virginia Cross and Siler City Elementary Schools.
Chatham Reads: Book Baskets
Chatham Reads has placed 50 book baskets throughout Chatham County in places where kids are waiting (restaurants, doctor’s offices, community service facilities, etc)