CFISD Livestock Show Association
Edward Lee "Ed" Phillips March 4, 1947 - December 8, 2018
With a heavy heart, the Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Livestock Show Association bids farewell to our long-time auctioneer Ed Phillips.
Ed served as an Ag science teacher at Buffalo High School and remained there for 34 years until retirement. He was greatly involved with various districts throughout the area where he would auctioneer for their shows. We were fortunate enough to have him auctioneer our CFISD Livestock Show for 24 years. He was a renowned auctioneer whom has left behind a tremendous impact on the community and will be greatly missed.
Follow us: @CFISDLSA
Keep up with the livestock show happenings
Share what you like using our hashtag!
What would you like to know?
- Who can I contact for more information?
- Where do I find information on the 2016-17 Livestock Show/Sale?
- Where do I find information on the 2017-18 Livestock Show/Sale?
- When is the next Livestock Show/Sale? February 7 - 9, 2019; February 6 - 8, 2020; February 4 - 6, 2021; February 3 - 5, 2022; February 2 - 4, 2023; February 1 - 3, 2024; Jan 30 - Feb 1, 2025
- What are the record sales figures for the champions?
- Who can I contact for more information about the FFA Craft Shows?
- How do I sign up for alert texts?
- Eligibility (No Pass No Play) Guidelines and Deadlines
- What is the lottery/draw and how is that working?
- How do I get my money from the sale?
- How do I order pictures from the last show/sale?
- How do I volunteer to help?
- What weight breaks are used to determine classes for large market animals?
- Buyer's Guide
- Do I need to preregister to be a buyer? No. You can register to be a buyer on-site at the event.
- Is my purchase/gift tax deductible?
- How do I handle getting my animal purchases processed?
- Poultry and Rabbits - Students will contact you soon after the sale to make arrangements to process and/or deliver your purchase within 21 days of the sale.
- Lambs, Goats, Steers, and Swine - As a thank you for supporting our students, your purchase was sent to the processor you designated on your sale form. It is now up to you to contact the processor to discuss cuts/prices/pick-up
- How do I make a donation? See form below. Contact the CFISD LSA Office (281-897-4036) with any questions and/or to pay by credit card over the phone.