Cameron Academic and Career Planning
Academic and Career Planning is intended to equip students and their families with the tools necessary to make more informed choices about postsecondary education and training as it leads to careers.
It is part of DPI's overall vision for every student to graduate high school college and career ready. That means students must be competent both socially and emotionally. We want our students to be strong critical thinkers, collaborate and solve real-world problems, and persevere when things aren’t quite going their way. When put together, it’s about making them productive adults with satisfying careers.
To learn more about why ACP matters, watch this video.
Goals of the Cameron Schools
All graduates of Cameron will be “College and Career Ready”
- Understand how their unique strengths and interests align to a wide variety of future opportunities.
- Prepare and maintain a personal plan for goal attainment that provides flexibility based on individual experiences.
- Develop a general understanding of how the problem-solving process has been applied to innovate, invent, design, and build products and systems in a variety of environments/industries.
- Effectively be able to navigate both the world of higher education and employment to support a transition to adulthood.
- Possess confidence in their level of mastery in relation to their personal and career goals.
We will help students forge their paths by:
- Providing developmentally appropriate opportunities to learn and demonstrate required/ desired knowledge, skills and dispositions.
- Guiding all students through the academic and career planning process.
- Supporting students as they strive to master required and desired coursework.
- Encouraging active engagement in extracurricular activities and career/service learning programs.
- Collaborating with partners to provide exposure to a wide range of industries and careers.
- Aligning curriculum to a variety of post-secondary opportunities.