Academic and Career Planning, or ACP, is a student-driven, adult-supported process in which students create and cultivate their own unique and information-based visions for post secondary success, obtained through self-exploration, career exploration, and the development of career management and planning skills.
Career Cruising is the electronic portfolio service that Wisconsin selected to house each student's Academic and Career Plan. Throughout their time in high school, students will continue the work they began in middle school. They will participate in various activities to learn more about their own skills and abilities, explore potential career options for their future, and plan for how to reach their post-secondary education and career options. This will all be gathered in their electronic portfolio so that students and families can reflect upon this information when planning for course registrations, paths of study, and post-secondary education or career.
What is Career Cruising?
Career Cruising is a web-based career exploration and planning tool used to explore career and college options and develop and career plan. Career Cruising can be accessed from school, home, or wherever there is access to the Internet.
Features of the program include:
- Interest and Skills Assessments - to help identify suitable career options based on their interests and skills
- Career Profiles - thorough and up to date information about different occupations, including direct links between careers and related college programs
- Multimedia Interviews - interviews with real people in occupations
- College & University Information - comprehensive college and university information, with useful search tools
- Communication Platform - teachers and counselors can post important links and documents, make announcements, and create assignments
- Resume Builder - integrated with the portfolio to help students create a resume
What is the parent/guardian portal?
Using the link below, as the parent or guardian of a child with a Career Cruising account, you can:
- View your child's goals, interests, achievements, and experiences
- Track your child's plans and progress
- Provide feedback to your child and his/her teachers and advisors
- Receive messages from your child's school
- Explore Career Cruising to learn more about career and education options
Parents - this is where you will sign in to view your child's Career Cruising Portfolio.
You can gain access in one of the following two ways:
- From your child: Your child can send you an email invitation with an access code.
- From your child's school: You can request one from your child's counselor.