Mrs. Pfeifer's Website
CAM Academy, Grade 4 Langauge arts, Science, and Art
Hello fourth graders! Yes, you have reached my website. Do you recognize any of the sites you see on each of the pages? These are places in our world I have visited. See how many you recognize.
If you want to reach me here is information you need.
- Monday -Friday, 7:30-3:00
- Phone extension: 360-885-4405 or call the CAM office and ask them to connect to my phone.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tutoring schedule from 2:00-2:30 Monday, Tuesdays unless I have a parent conference.
- Writing tutoring: Monday Language arts test review: Tuesday
Questions most students and parents ask
- When do you post the practice work/ homework and the daily lesson? Everyday before 3:30 unless I have a parent conference.
- If I want to have a conference with you how do I set that up? Contact me by email and we will set up a time that is convenient for you after school from 2:05-2:30 or 2:30-2:55.
- What if I just have a quick question how my student or I can get help? You can stop by right at 2:00 and ask your questions or you can email me.
- How can my student get the support they need? They can stay after school and ask the questions they need, or stay for the tutoring time, or they may ask me before they go to their breaks / recess.
You may access skyward from the main CAM website menu to view your grades or see if you are missing assignments. Parents and students should check Skyward every Wednesday afternoon for the most updated record plus one other time during the week. It is important to check at least twice a week since late assignment past one week will receive an automatic score of a 1. It is the parent and student responsibility to check weekly to make sure all assignments are in.
When I was in the fourth grade, I decided I wanted to be a teacher. I love learning and wanted to be able to share learning with others. I have enjoyed the many years I have taught. Before coming to CAM I use to teach kindergartners, then I home schooled my own girls from grades 1-8. When my girls were in elementary school, I came to teach at HomeLink and specialized in writing . I spent many years teaching grade 3-9 how to write like writers do. I also taught grades 3 and 4 in the program called ClassLink two day s a week while consulting with students and parents the other days. When CAM decided to begin a primary department, I decided I wanted come here. I have enjoyed every year so far and know I will for the years to come.
I love to travel. I have been to the following countries: Greece, Crete, Santorini, Rhodes, Patmos, Corfu, Yugoslavia, Italy, France, England, Peru, Egypt, Israel, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, and Central America, and several places throughout the United States. I have seen these great sites: Stonehenge, Macchu Picchu, the Parthenon, the Pyramids, and the Eiffel Tower.
When I am at home I love reading about the ancient past, myths, legends, archaeological sites, ancient mysteries, and places to see when I travel. I love to garden, decorate my home, and decorate and organize other peoples homes. When the weather warms up, you can find me hiking or walking. When it is school holidays I will probably be traveling to see my daughter in San Diego, California or my favorite place, Sedona, Arizona.
My favorite kinds of movies are mysteries, Jane Austin movies, fantasy, and Walt Disney. My favorite color is pale pink. I love coffee, tea, and chocolate. Yum! But best of all, my favorite of all, is being with my husband, kids, and grand kids.
Talk like a pirate day music, songs, and story