dorsey attendance center
Dorsey is a Designated "B" School in the State of MS
Due to COVID-19 Crisis, the MS Governor, Tate Reeves, has closed all Mississippi schools for the remainder of the semester.
home of the bulldogs1 Dorsey School RdFulton, MS 38843
Phone: 662-862-3663Fax: 662-862-7210
- Food for Families - if you need help with food, please complete the form by following this link: https://forms.gle/ZJZN55C6wq1DpStU9
- Due to COVID-19 Crisis, Itawamba County Schools will be closed the remainder of the 2020 spring semester.
- Teachers are sending resources out for students to work on at home. These are NOT required but only optional. These resources will be called Distance Learning and listed at the top right of this page next to the Home button.
- Check this website - http://www.itawambacountyschools.com/Grade_Level_Remediation_Packets.htm
- Our district is providing materials for students to work on while at home. This material is designed to help our students maintain necessary grade level skills while away from the classroom. Grades are not being given on these resources. Many of our teachers are contacting you through School Status groups already set up. They are also posting on the school websites. As a reminder, your child has access to many online educational websites that the district has purchased. These include the following:
USA Test Prep (5th grade science, 8th grade science, Algebra, English II, U.S. History, Biology, and ACT Prep)
Moby Max (Grades K-8)
Reading Eggs (Grades K-2)
Math Facts in a Flash
Study Sync (Grades 6-8 ELA)
Wonders (Grades K-3)
DAC Enrollment Information
Requirements for enrollment are
- Up to date Form 121 (For all new Kindergarten and 7th grade students)
- Birth Certificate
- Student Registration Forms
- 2 Proofs of Residence (Must be 2 different proofs dated July or newer and have the physical address listed)
- Social Security Card
- Withdrawal Form (if coming from another school)
By involving all stakeholders, the Dorsey Attendance Center faculty and staff strive to create a positive impact on our community. We will empower each child to excel academically, emotionally, and socially by providing a quality education to all students.
“Caring for the whole child to cultivate productive members of society."
At Dorsey Attendance Center, we strive to have a climate of high expectation and success in an orderly environment where students feel safe and valued. Our top priority is student achievement through curriculum which are empowering, challenging, and quickly adaptable to new technologies in our ever-changing society. We want each student to set goals, to assume personal responsibility for those goals, and to know that he or she has the ability to learn and be successful.
At DAC, we BELIEve...
Every student has the right to a quality education.
High expectations and hard work, driven by a positive vision, are necessary in order to achieve desired results.
Each person and activity in the school must support the best interest of the students.
Willingness to change for the sake of continuous improvement is necessary.
Education is the most important investment in our future, individually and communally.
It was this set of beliefs that established our sense of purpose.