District 219 Internet Safety
The Illinois State legislature enacted Public Act 095-0869 Section 5. Sec. 27-13.3 in 2008. This Act requires Internet safety topics be incorporated into the curriculum by the 2009-2010 school year. This Internet safety education is to be taught at least once a year through Board approved measures.
This measure is broken-out into these 7 areas.
· Responsible use of social networking sites
· Recognizing and reporting sexual predators
· Identity Theft
· Unsolicited and deceptive communications
· Cyber-bullying and online harassment
· Illegal activities and communications
· Copy write infringement
You may view the entire scope and sequence of material in the 219 Curriculum are or explore other resources as you wish.