03.謙遜與感恩

未來,被我們講述卻不歸屬我們 

It helps, now and then, to step back and take a long view.
有時沉潛下來,眺望遠方,對人頗有幫助。
The kingdom is not only beyond our efforts, it is even beyond our vision.
天國不僅非人力所及,也超越人的視野。
We accomplish in our lifetime only a tiny fraction of the magnificent enterprise that is God's work.
在天主壯闊的工程裡,我們一生所能成就的,乃微不足道 。

Nothing we do is complete, which is a way of saying that the kingdom always lies beyond us.
我們所做的難以完美,換言之……天國總是超越人的一切 ──
No statement says all that could be said.
沒有任何記載能忠實傳達意念。
No prayer fully expresses our faith.
沒有任何祈禱能全然流露信仰。
No confession brings perfection.
沒有任何懺悔能完美淨化人心。
No pastoral visit brings wholeness.
沒有任何牧養能完整眷顧人靈。
No program accomplishes the church's mission.
沒有任何計畫能成全教會使命。
No set of goals and objectives includes everything.
沒有任一組目標能涵括所有事情。 

This is what we are about.
這就是我們所作所為 ──
We plant the seeds that one day will grow.
我們播種,期盼它來日生長。
We water seeds already planted, knowing that they hold future promise.
前人播種,我們澆灌,知道其蘊藏著未來的許諾。
We lay foundations that will need further development.
我們奠基,需要有人持續發展。
We provide yeast that produces far beyond our capabilities.
我們激發潛能,使其產生不可限量之影響力。
We cannot do everything, and there is a sense of liberation in realizing that.
我們無法做每件事,當意識到此,反而令我們感到寬心。
This enables us to do something, and to do it very well.
這樣,會讓我們專心做好某些事。
It may be incomplete, but it is a beginning, a step along the way, an opportunity for the Lord's grace to enter and do the rest.
也許並不完美,但畢竟開始向前邁進這是一個天主恩寵來臨的機會,由祂完成人之未竟事宜。

We may never see the end results, but that is the difference between the master builder and the worker.
我們也許未能親眼目睹最終結果,但這正是建築師與工匠的差別:
We are workers, not master builders;
我們是工匠,而不是建築師;
ministers, not messiahs.
是提供服侍的人,而不是默西亞(救世主)。
We are prophets of a future not our own.
我們是(因著天主的啟示)給人講述未來的先知,然而未來卻不屬於我們。

~2018年被封聖的薩爾瓦多總主教 羅梅洛(Oscar Romero)

真實的謙虛 

Humility is the mother of all virtues; purity, charity and obedience.

謙虛是一切美德之母;純潔、慈善和服從

It is in being humble that our love becomes real, devoted and ardent.

當我們謙虛時,我們的愛德才變成真實、全獻及熱誠的。 


If you are humble nothing will touch you,
neither praise nor disgrace, 

如果你是謙虛的,沒有任何東西能傷害你,不是讚美,也不是羞辱

because you know what you are. 

因為你知道你是誰;

If you are blamed you will not be discouraged. 

如果你被罵,你不會氣餒;

If they call you a saint, you will not put yourself on a pedestal.

如果別人稱你為聖人,你也不會將自己放在祭台。 

 

德蕾莎修女(Mother Teresa)

天災、人禍來臨之際,我向神祈禱…

渴望獲取成就大事的堅強,卻得到學習謙遜的軟弱;
渴望獲取營造偉業的健康,卻得到更大的偉業疾病;
渴望獲取換取幸福的財富,卻得到增長智慧的貧困;
渴望獲取受人稱譽的權力,卻得到仰賴神助的匱乏;
渴望獲取安享天年的一切,卻得到安享一切的天年。
我所求的,一件也沒得到;我的祈禱,卻全被俯聽了。

祂,賞賜給我比誰都更豐厚的祝福。

《S 奶奶的面容》中一首無名作家的英譯詩 

我稱你為朋友 

與你同在,

黑夜光明無異,

宇宙萬物皆美 

因為你對我說:

我稱你為朋友」。

  

【這是梁德佳神父自己最喜歡作品之一,他和天主以及他和朋友的關係,也是單純而美好的,在天國他依然是最喜愛我們的朋友!】

化妝的祝福

這些日子我經常在山裡看雲,在我預料不到之處,山嵐四起;在我想不到的時候,雲消霧散。
不久,雲霧再匯下起雨來了,給了我一些不方便;然而,對周圍花草樹木卻是有益,我想,回去的路一定幽暗,不料陽光再現,這是人生。 


無論我有多少的把握或確定,每個抉擇都是一次未知的賭注;我看見人生有苦難有重擔,我知道人性有邪惡有欺凌,但是彷彿經過巧妙的設計,末了對我都是美好與有益,苦難竟是化裝的祝福。

 

這不是什麼知識哲學,也不是什麼人生哲理,那些冰冷沒有感覺的理論,豈能使一個人的心平靜穩妥呢?

我知道事情看至深處方知眼光有限,人性邁向完美才知人性不能完美,但是為什麼?人生在這一連串的不完美中最後總是完美。啊!是有個祝福者,超越一切人為的定見與安排。  

 

《電學之父-法拉第的故事》
ch13 法拉第對深陷名利,重新找到方向戴維老師改變之省思】

祝福滿滿的一生

夜幕低垂星明亮,遙遠的天際傳來陣陣呼喚。


輕解繫岸的繩索,靜靜地滑入海洋。


不再攜帶指示方位羅盤;不再恐懼兩旁波浪。


我知道此刻,我終將親眼見到那引導我一生的領航者。 

 

《電學之父-法拉第的故事》
ch22 晚年體力衰弱且記憶力漸失的法拉第,喜愛的一首詩】

如果一開始僅去改變我自己

When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world.

當我年輕而且思想與觀念不受拘束時,我的想像力無限,我夢想改變這個世界;

As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country.

當我長大成人,具備人們所稱譽的聰明,我發現我無法改變這個世界,我縮短了我的志向,決定只改變我的國家。


But it, too, seemed immovable. As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.

到了遲暮之年,我發現國家似乎也無法被改變,於是最後一次絕望的嘗試,我決定只改變我最親近的家人,很可惜,他們早就不在了。


And now, as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize:

If I had only changed myself first, then by example I would have changed my family.

From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country, and who knows, I may have even changed the world.

而如今,當我臨終時,突然意識到:
如果一開始僅僅去改變我自己,然後作為一個榜樣,可能改變我的家庭;在家人的幫助和鼓勵下,我可能為國家做一些事情,或許可能改變這個世界。


倫敦西敏寺著名的無名碑文