Professional development in the Westwood Public Schools is designed to support the continuous professional growth and development of all staff. Professional development supports the student learning goals and professional practice goals of the district, the schools, and the individual educator. Click here to read more about the purpose and benefits of professional learning activities in Westwood.
Professional development in Westwood takes many forms including:
- Early release time 2 Wednesdays per month to work across the district, within buildings, or within departments.
- A full-day of professional learning each fall.
- Time embedded into the school day for collaborative work within grade-level and course-partner teams using a PLC model.
- Participation in several district-sponsored after-school and summer courses.
- Opportunities to work with outside consultants.
- Opportunities to attend professional conferences and workshops offered outside of the district.
- A three-year induction and mentoring program for teachers new to the district.
- Opportunities to observe colleagues in their classrooms.
- Other specific trainings.
For specific questions regarding Westwood's Professional Development program, please contact:
Jonas Sherr, Professional Development Coordinator
781-326-7500 ext 1510