Early Childhood Center
Welcome to Rockbrook Early Childhood Center! We look forward to serving your families and learners to grow into amazing citizens.
Check out our site of helpful information and remember to share with family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors!
The mission of the Westside Early Childhood and Before and After School Programs is to provide a safe, engaging education environment for children ages eighteen months through sixth grade. The program offers developmentally appropriate opportunities for children to grow and develop socially, emotionally, intellectually, and physically with the support and guidance of competent and compassionate adults.
Westside Early Childhood Centers recognizes that young children learn best in an environment that provides opportunities for development and growth of the whole child: physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually. To nurture this development requires a philosophy that allows children time and opportunity to:
- Stimulate curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Engage in purposeful and playful work
- Develop self-motivation, self-discipline and self-direction toward purposeful goals.
- Experience growth pertaining to decision-making, problem-solving, and creative thinking.
- Express themselves through language, drawing, writing, movement and the use of materials and resources.
- Participate in guided and informal learning experiences.