What to do if...
Your screen is cracked:
Come to the Library. We will give you a form to fill out (you can also print one at home to bring in by clicking on the word "form") and then we'll issue you a loaner iPad until yours is back from repair.
Your device won't turn on:
1) Try holding down both the screen lock/power button AND the home button at the SAME time - do this until your screen turns black and restarts (sometimes you have to hold them long to get it to work)
2) Try plugging your device in for about 30 minutes, see if you can turn it on now using either step #1 above or the single power button (try both)
3) If this doesn't work, come to the Library, we will need to send your device in. You can print this form and fill it out to bring in.
Your volume doesn't work or your screen is frozen:
Hold down both the screen lock/power button AND the home button at the SAME time - do this until your screen turns black and restarts. (If it doesn't automatically restart, just turn it on using the screen lock/power button.)
Your earbud/headphone jack is stuck in your iPad:
Bring your iPad to the Library; we can try to remove it here, or send it in to the district office to have them remove it. (If they can't remove it, it will need to be sent out for repairs.)
I tap on an app, but it doesn't open or it flashes and closes:
1) Go to the Self-Service app and try reinstalling the app
2) If that doesn't work, delete the app and reinstall it from Self-Service *if your app wasn't backed up, you may lose unsaved documents (ex: Notability, Book Creator, and iMovie)
I can't open Self-Service or it isn't on my iPad:
Come to the Library, we need to fix it here.
Your Wi-Fi won't work or you don't have any printers available:
Go to Settings, then General, then Reset - select "Reset Network Settings". If this doesn't work, come to the Library.
You forgot your passcode (screen lock password):
Come to the Library, if your Wi-Fi is connected we can reset it, if not, we may need to reset the whole device.
I lost my iPad:
Come to the Library, we can locate your device using a few different resources.