Feedback from Vidya's Students at VYANJAN
6) Vidya knows why we should all consider a Vegetarian Lifestyle! My wife and I received a gift from our daughter to spend an afternoon cooking with Vidya and Sanjay in their Buffalo Grove home this past Sunday. I have never considered a Vegetarian diet before, but maybe that is the next stop in my evolution. Vidya was so organized in her 2.5-hour presentation. Her preparation was amazing. She explained why we should not be eating processed foods and what they do to us. Vidya also demonstrated the advantages of using a Pressure Cooker, as this seemed to be most efficient method of cooking. The pantry in the kitchen had neatly organized canisters of fresh beans and spices to numerous to count. Vidya was a conductor in a symphony of herbs and spices that all played an important roll. As I listened to every word she said, I was dicing and slicing Cauliflower and Green Pepper for our next tasting. I’m tired of being overweight, I have the exercise part under control and now I need to kick into gear on this Vegetarian lifestyle. Vidya does a healthy fast , two times every week! She said that we are done growing and our bodies don’t need to process as much food anymore. Every word of her wisdom made perfect sense to me. If you are lucky enough to take this class with Vidya, it might change the way you understand the Vegetarian way of life! Thank you for a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon! - Andy Birnbaum, Wheeling, 03/02/2020.
5) The cooking class with Vidya was a fantastic experience. I've never tasted such healthy Indian food and I left her house feeling happy and energized. She's an amazing cook, a very good teacher and very conscious of the impact of eating healthy on your well being. If you're looking for a class on Indian vegetarian cooking in the northern suburbs look no further! - Almudena Capell, Northbrook, 01/29/2020.
4) Vidya's generous spirit and food knowledge made this class very worthwhile. The food prepared was delicious! I had intentions of sharing my leftovers but ended up using them for lunches for myself over the next few days. Very tasty, satisfying and nutritious! - Beth Herchenbach, Mundelein, 06/19/2019.
3) In her hands-on cooking class, Vidyah teaches you not only the HOW to and WHY but the benefits to your body. My husband loved the food I brought home and I wish I’d discovered this culinary delight and these delicious spices years ago. - Diane Naftzger, Long Grove, 05/21/2019.
2) I have taken a lot of cooking classes and Vidya's are the best! Watching her work in her home kitchen with her extensive pantry and well seasoned pots and pans is wonderful. Her methods of preparation are simple yet provide a complete meal of carbs, proteins and fat. I learned new ways to prepare foods I have used for years. Her knowledge of the health benefits of numerous spices, and how easy it is to get flavorful meals is tremendous. I have taken 3 classes and look forward to many more! - Lori Lyman, Long Grove, April 27, 2019.
1) I thoroughly enjoyed this class with Vidya. She has a very calming and peaceful temperament, was so sharing of information and encouraged sampling of ingredients, we had never tried before. I walked away with an appreciation of Indian vegetarian cuisine, some delicious recipes and the desire to learn more. Everything we made was delicious - I had leftovers to share with my family too! - Amy Milller, Long Grove, April 27, 2019.