Middle School Indoor League
2019-2020 Winter Indoor League registration is now open!
- Sundays 6:45-8:15 pm
- Session 1: November 3, 10, 17, 24. December 1, 8, 15, 22
- Session 2: January 5, 12, 19, 26. February 2, 9, 16, 23.
- ALL sessions in the Fieldhouse at LaFollette high school (easy carpool for friends who end up on different teams). Also allows for more flexibility if teams are short players on individual nights
- $30 per session. This represents an increase from last year, with all funds going towards the different costs of the fieldhouse compared to the gyms. Wisconsin Ultimate makes no profit on this league.
- USAU Sanctioned. While I know this was a headache for some folks last year, some hopefully helpful info:
- If you played in our 2nd session last season (in 2019), your membership is already up to date and all you'll have to do is click the register button from your USAU account
- Last season, we didn't know we'd be running multiple sessions. Since we do this year, there'll only be 1 USAU event. You'll only have to register once even if you play both sessions.
To register for the league you must complete all of these steps. There are instructions for how to do the USAU registration linked throughout. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Pay the gym fee via paypal. If you are paying for one session, please use this $30 link. If you are paying for both sessions, please use this $60 link. You must use these links or you may leave us susceptible to fees from paypal. If we are charged a fee for your transaction, we will refund you and ask you to pay through these links. When you pay, please put the name of the player in the comment if it would not otherwise be obvious. If you need to pay a different way or are in need of a fee-waiver, email email@example.com.
3. Register on USAU. Directions Below.
a. If you already have a current USAU Membership, and can log into your account, simply click the green register button from this link. If you played our 2nd session last season, this should be the easiest way.
b. If this is your first USA Ultimate sanctioned league, you will need to create a USAU account.
c. Sign the waiver AND pay your USAU membership. The membership type you want is "Affiliate Youth." If asked for a specific affiliate, select Wisconsin Ultimate. Membership in USA Ultimate is annual meaning at the start of each new year, you'll need to renew (re-sign waiver and purchase membershp) if you plan to do events that year. Somewhat coincidentally, Session I is at the very end of 2019 and Session II is at the very beginning of 2020. If the two had been in the same calendar year and you played both, you'd only need to do USAU membership once. If you plan to play in both sessions, you'll need to renew your membership. You can purchase/renew 2020 USAU memberships starting December 1st 2019. If you are only playing in the 2nd session WAIT until after December 1st to update your membership.
c. Register for our league. From your USAU account: "My Player Account" --> "Manage Player Activity" --> "Register for Individual Events" Find our league (Madison Middle School Indoor League 2019) click the checkbox for Middle School Mixed and hit the green REGISTER button. You can also find a direct link here but you'll still need to be signed into your account for it to work.
After registering, your player's name will show up on this tracking spreadsheet. While not updated in real time, it is the most accurate way to track whether your player is fully registered or not.
If you are interested in chaperoning this league, please see our "Get Involved" page for more info.
As always, if you have any questions about any of this, or want to confirm you have registered correctly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org