Breast Pump Rentals
Mother's milk, time-tested for millions of years, is the best nutrient for babies because it is nature's perfect food. ~Robert S. Mendelsohn
Rental Pricing & Details
1 Week: $30
1 Month: $75
3 Months: $215
6 Months: $325
If more time is needed with the pump beyond the pump rental period, your contract can be renewed for an additional amount of time of your choosing (either by the week, month or more).
What Is a Hospital-Grade Pump?
Features & Benefits:
- Offer efficient and powerful pumping for maximum milk expression
- Have been proven to yield more milk in mothers (Utilizing the 2-Phase Expression® technology)
- Safe and clean because of its special protective barriers that prevent overflow of milk into pumping mechanism
- Only FDA approved pump for multiple users
- Helps initiate and maintain milk supply when baby is unable to feed at the breast (Designed to mimic baby's natural nursing rhythm)
- Highly flexible and adaptable technology that accommodates and applies new research about infant pumping patterns
- Can be adapted to individual needs (Allows switching between single/ double pumping and let-down and expression phase easily)
- Reusable pumps prevent unnecessary waste and pollution
Why Use a Hospital-Grade Pump?
Hospital-grade breast pumps are ideal for moms who:
- Have a low milk supply or a baby that is unable to breastfeed consistently
- Are coping with consistent infant separation (such as a child being in the Special Care Unit/NICU)
- Have limited time to pump at work or require efficient and prompt milk removal
- Feel they may be getting inadequate milk removal with their current pump
- Have twins and need to produce double quantities
- Are exclusively or mostly pumping (especially in the early postpartum days)
- Are unsure that pumping will be sustained or are planning to pump for 6 months or less
- Have had breast reduction surgery or tight implants (due to potential decreased nerve sensitivity leading to impeded stimulation needed for nursing)
I am pleased to offer the Medela Symphony PLUS for rentals; the same pump used in Rochester, NY area hospitals.
How to Use the Medela Symphony Breast Pump
Accessories Sold Separately
- Double Pumping Kit (if you used the Medela Symphony pump at the hospital and received the double pumping kit there, you do not need to purchase anything more unless you have missing or damaged parts)
- Various Flange Sizes
- Hands-Free Pumping Bra
- Replacement Parts for Kits
Delivery & Pickup Options
Free delivery & pick up available to homes, hospitals and offices*
*Home and office delivery and/or pickup is available to locations within Rochester. Delivery to other areas available for an additional fee. Please inquire for details.
- Rentals Include the following: 1 Medela Symphony Breast Pump, 1 Symphony PLUS Pumping Program Card, 1 Symphony Cooler Carrying Bag, Delivery/Pickup options and Personalized assistance with questions or problems that arise
- Valid driver's license (or other form of ID) and credit card required for all rental transactions
- All fees charged at time of rental
Assistance & Troubleshooting
Upon receiving your pump, I am happy to provide a brief tutorial on how to use it and check your flange (also known as breast shield) to ensure you are using the appropriate size (all pump kits come with a size 24 mm breast shield but there are smaller and larger sizes available for an additional fee.
If you are interested in learning more about how to optimize your pumping output or have other pump-related or breastfeeding questions/concerns, I'd be happy to share resources with you or connect you with a highly qualified lactation consultant in the Rochester area.
Troubleshooting assistance is available by phone, text or email at any point during your rental if a problem arises.
Check with your insurance provider to find out their policy on rentals and reimbursements. They may cover some or all of the pump rental, especially if it is medically indicated.
If insurance doesn't cover a pump, health savings accounts or flexible spending accounts can be used for breast pumps, breastfeeding supplies and support.
I am able to provide a receipt to submit to your insurance provider when filing for reimbursement. Please contact me if you need this.