Thank you all for your support of a fantastic Fun Run. Over 200 students raised $6,500, breaking all records in our 5-year history and beating our event goal. That’s also a student participation rate of 45%, much higher than ever before. Pledges may still trickle in so we will announce prize winners at the next school assembly.
Special thanks to Wayne State College for the popular new water bottles, and to all our volunteers, including students from WSC Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball, Soccer, Cross Country, and Track & Field; WEB parents; and school staff. We are grateful for the smooth transition from the track to inside the school just before the rain came. As always, we thank Mr. Hoskins for his terrific help running the activities.
Pictures are posted on our Facebook page at the links below:
Our 2017 Fun Run is in the books. Everyone had a great time despite the heat!
The 3rd annual Fun Run sponsored by WEB on September 23, 2016, was a success! Thanks to so many generous donors and supporters in the community, WEB raised its highest amount ever—$6,126, a 20% increase over last year! These funds will be used to directly support our elementary students and staff in a variety of ways, including support of the One School One Book program that kicks off in October, bringing back Dean Jacobs to talk about his worldwide adventures, and much more.
Congratulations to our prize winners for their incredible fundraising efforts, with our special thanks to the City of Wayne, Wayne High School, and Wayne State College for their prize donations:
- 1st place – Brooklyn Jones raised $216 and received a one-year family membership to the Wayne Community Activity Center (value $330)
- 2nd place tie – Bryce Brown and Josie Ley each raised $190 and split 2nd and 3rd place prizes. Bryce received a Wayne High Sports Activity pass for a family of 4 (value $200) and Josie received registrations to WSC’s Junior Cats Basketball Camp and Youth Track & Field Meet (value $60).
- Cash Tili was the drawing winner from students who met the fundraising goal of $25 or more and won a 2017 Wayne Outdoor Family Swimming Pool Pass worth $105.
WEB also thanks the 40 WSC Student Athlete volunteers, numerous parents, and great staff, including Mr. Hoskins and Mr. Jensen, for their help throughout the day. Thank you again to Wayne State College for their financial support, which helped WEB give every student a reusable water bottle to keep.
Thank you to everyone who supported the 2nd annual WEB Fun Run on October 5, 2015. We had beautiful weather, more than 40 student volunteers from Wayne State College, and 450 happy elementary students that ran, skipped, walked, and even cartwheeled around the track. Thanks to your generous donations, WEB raised over $5,000! We hope your children enjoyed the day and will use their new water bottles from WEB and WSC.
Congratulations to our prize winners for their incredible fundraising efforts, with our special thanks to Wayne State College, Wayne High School, and the City of Wayne for their prize donations:
- 1st place – Brooklyn Jones raised $183 and received a Wayne High Sports Activity pass for a family of 4 (value $200).
- 2nd place – Tyreke Cornett raised $155, received a 2015 Wayne Outdoor Family Swimming Pool Pass.
- 3rd place tie – Drew Miller and Mason Ley raised $150 each and received WSC Birthday Party Packages with Willy the Wildcat and Student Athletes for 10 children (value $85).
- Sienna Klinetobe was the drawing winner from students who met the fundraising goal of $25 or more, and won a one-year family membership to the Wayne Community Activity Center (value $300).
Together with your help, our students raised over $5,000! Thank you so much to everyone for a fantastic Fun Run!
Congratulations to our top fundraisers and drawing winner for the WEB Fun Run! Pictured are Chase Baldwin, 1st place receiving 4 Wayne High Sports Activity Passes worth $200; Tyreke Cornett, 2nd place receiving a 2015 Wayne Family Swimming Pool Pass worth $105; Josie Ley, 3rd place receiving a WSC Birthday Party Package with Willy the Wildcat and Student Athletes for 10 worth $85; and Dylan Jensen, winner of the drawing for students who reached the fundraising goal of $25, receiving a 1-year family membership to the Wayne Community Activity Center worth $300. Not pictured, Mason Ley who tied as 3rd place fundraiser.