Holiday Daughter Dance
Our 5th annual Holiday Daughter Dance was an incredible success! Thank you so much to all of you who supported it.
- Over $5,700 raised – the highest amount for any daughter dance in our history
- 325 tickets sold – most ever for any dance in 5 years
- Nearly $3,000 raised from the auction – the bidding got crazy and went over value in many cases
- Over 90 businesses, orgs, parents, and staff donated auction items
- 4th grader Janelly Lucas won the Husker football tickets against Northwestern next year
- Lucy Huff of St. Mary’s won the Jar of Change from Mr. Hoskins and the 6th grade teachers
- Over 40 parents and kids volunteered and donated food
- 130 pictures taken at the photo booth by Angie Rethwisch
- Fantastic candid photos taken by Shona Junck
Thank you so much for an incredible Holiday Daughter Dance! It was a huge success, and we are grateful to all of you for your hard work and creativity making it happen.
- WEB raised $5,300 from our event – a record breaker for our dances.
- 312 guests attended – the most ever for any dance.
- 90 businesses, organizations, parents, and teachers donated silent auction items to support our event
- Over 40 parents donated time, food, and decorations.
- The Hoskins Challenge raised over $200! At the December 22nd assembly:
- 60 girls will duct tape Mr. Hoskins to the wall, and
- Jasara Calhoun, Reagan McGuire, and Faith Powicki will throw a pie in Mrs. Hoskins face. They were the 3 winners drawn from 73 names.
- 2nd grader Lizbeth Rodriguez won the Husker Basketball tickets donated by Steve & Cindy Flaherty
- 129 pictures taken at the photo booth by Angie Rethwisch
- Fantastic candid photos taken by Shona Junck
2016 Holiday Daughter Dance Thank You!
· 293 tickets sold – our most ever and includes 33 at the door
· $2,300 raised from the auction
· More than 90 businesses, organizations, parents, and teachers donated auction items
· $418 made from the raffle for Husker tickets vs Ohio State next year on the 1st row, 50 yard line (donated by Dave and Kaki Ley) – Fatima Lucas-Garcia in 6th grade was the very happy winner.
· 110 pictures taken at the photo booth by Angie Rethwisch
· Fantastic candid photos taken by Shona Junck
· Over 40 parents volunteered and donated food (list of names attached)
· The Wayne High JV Boys Basketball team helped set up the dance after their game ended in the elementary school gym, which made things go really fast!
· Over $4,900 raised total (before expenses)
Wayne Elementary Boosters (WEB) hosted a magical evening “Under the Sea” at the 3rd annual Holiday Daughter Dance on Friday, December 9th at Wayne Elementary School. The event raised over $4,900 to support activities, students, families and staff at school. WEB had its highest turnout yet, selling 293 tickets for the dance. More than 90 businesses, organizations, parents, and teachers donated auction items, and over 40 parents donated food or time to help. The evening offered a photo booth by Angie Rethwisch, dancing to tunes played by PinMonkey Entertainment (Thom and Julie Osnes), and desserts including a chocolate fountain and “sea water” punch. Sixth grader Fatima Lucas-Garcia was the lucky winner of the raffle for two Husker football tickets against Ohio State next year, donated by Dave and Kaki Ley. WEB thanks everyone in the community who helped support this special night, including the Wayne High JV Boys Basketball team who set up the auction after their game ended in the elementary school gym.
2015 Holiday Daughter Dance
- 279 tickets sold
- $2,000 raised from the auction
- More than 70 businesses, organizations, parents, and teachers donated auction items
- Nearly $500 made from the raffle for Husker tickets on the 1st row, 50 yard line (donated by Dave and Kaki Ley)
- 105 pictures taken at the photo booth by Angie Rethwisch
- Fantastic candid photos taken by Shona Junck (below and on Facebook)
- Close to 40 parents volunteered and donated food
- Over $4,000 raised total (before expenses)
- Memories to last a lifetime!
Thank you to everyone who helped support us, including:
Absolute Salon, Arnie's Ford, Bank First, Becky Barner, Bomgaars, Coffee Shoppe, Copywrite, Dairy Queen, Dave Ley, Diamond Center, Flowers & Wine, Fiesta Brava, Final Touch, Godfather's Pizza, Grossenburg Implement, Hair Envy, Hands with Heart Massage Therapy, Herman Chiropractic, Kaki Ley, Kari's Crochet Creations, Katie Wynia, Lisa Leseberg, Magic Wok, Majestic Theatre, Mandy Parker, Market & Greenhouse at Geno's, Miss Molly's Coffee Shop, Moments Portrait Boutique, Mr. Hoskins, Mr. Jaixen, Mr. Plager, Mr. Wragge, Mrs. Carrie Jensen, Mrs. Cliff, Mrs. Garvin, Mrs. Hansen, Mrs. Heikes, Mrs. Hix, Mrs. Hoskins, Mrs. Janke, Mrs. Long, Mrs. Lutt, Mrs. Maas, Mrs. Meyer, Mrs. Monica Jensen, Mrs. Niemann, Mrs. Ostrand, Mrs. Rockhill, Mrs. Sims, Mrs. Stewart, Mrs. Suehl, Mrs. Thomas, Mrs. Thompson, Mrs. Tompkins, Mrs. Trenhaile, Mrs. Wendte, Pac N Save, Pizza Hut, Runza, Rustic Treasures, Sandy Brown, Shear Designs, Sinclair's, State Nebraska Bank & Trust, Subway, Swan's Apparel, Tacos N More, The Max, Torres Family Restaurant, Wayne Community Theatre, Wayne Greenhouse, Wayne Martial Arts Center, WEB, Wildcat Lanes, WSC Men's and Women's Basketball Teams, WSC Planetarium, Andrea Trautman, Angie Beiermann, Audra Miller, Becky Barner , Brandy Saltzman, Courtney Maas, Cristy Jorgensen, Denise Mostek, DiAnna Buerger, Erin Palu, Estelle Bierbower, Heather Claussen, Janel Kramer, Jenny Kneifl, Katie Wynia, Kim Haglund, Kirby Hall, Kristi Nelson, Leslie Ziska, Liesel Powicki, Lisa Leseberg, Mary Kay Hasemann, Megan Raulston, Melissa Derechailo, Natalie Endicott, Paula Peterson, Priscilla Junck, Sandy Brown, Alyssa Bolles, Angie Beiermann, Angie Rethwisch, Audra Miller, Bailey Ellis, Brandy Saltzman, Erin Palu, Heather Claussen, Kari Cliff, Katelyn Palu, Liesel Powicki, Marcia Spahr, Mary Kay Hasemann, Mr. Hight, Mr. Plager, Natalie Endicott, Sandy Brown, Shelby Poell, Shona Junck, Tami Worner, Traci Krusemark
Holiday Daughter Dance 2014- Thank you!
- Over 200 people attended
- We raised $2,300
- Over 20 parents and grandparents donated food and decorations
- 18 volunteers hosted the event
- Nearly 60 businesses, organizations, parents, and teachers donated auction items or discounted services to support our event.