Hello, I'm Toni
I'm a writer, history teacher and speaker. I try to bring history alive with my books, courses and talks, based on thirty years of personal and academic study. I enjoy sharing my enthusiasm for history and I have academic, research and teaching qualifications - please browse these pages to find out how I can share our history with you
Toni Mount, MA., BA (Hons)., Dip Creative Writing and Literature, Dip European Humanities, Cert Ed ...
"Pleasure should mingle with study so that the student may think learning an amusement, rather than a toil"
Thomas Wolsey 1473-1530
My new non-fiction book will be How to Survive in Medieval England; it's my first for the popular publisher Pen & Sword Books - the first edits have been completed and returned and now I'm waiting to see the cover design. Hopefully the book will be out in time for Christmas!
The Colour of Shadows trailer:
New Classes returning in September?
I'm in discussion regarding a new class to restart in the autumn with reduced numbers, but we'll see.
As you know The Woodville has closed its doors to groups so we couldn't meet for our last class in April. I hope you've all enjoyed it. Unfortunately, our short summer course is also unlikely to run but I'll keep you updated on developments.
In the meantime you could try the following sites:
www.medievalcourses.com (seven of my history courses 'online' for download)
www.facebook.com/medievalengland (my 'Medieval England' Facebook page)
www.facebook.com/toni.mount.10 (my general Facebook page)
www.facebook.com/groups/200811006678312/ (the 'British Medieval History' Facebook page)
www.facebook.com/groups/773117079452611/ (another 'British Medieval History' Facebook page)
Thank you for your company and loyalty over past months - or even years, in some cases. I hope we can get together again at some future date.
- My fascinating book Medieval Medicine continues to be popular, bringing alive the science and mystery of the period - medieval people had many remedies and treatments for illness and pain, some outrageous, some amazingly successful and some which can bring hope even to modern medicine mybook.to/Med_Med
- NB - 'Medieval Medicine' is the name for the paperback edition of my hardback book Dragon's Blood and Willow Bark, they are the same book, just with different titles
We have updated this FREE ebook which now contains 28 letters, plus bonus material about me, my writing and the historic background to the series and best of all - it's free, just click the link from my publisher MadeGlobal!
- Book seven The Colour of Lies is on sale NOW. Sebastian Foxley, our hero, returns to the bustling city of London from his quiet home village in rural Norfolk. The city is busy and full of excitement for the annual St Bartholomew’s Fayre - and then there's another murder to solve ...
Book Launch Blog Tour
The following guest blogs which can still be read:
- Author Interview with Tony Riches The Writing Desk
- Africans in medieval London –https://theanneboleynfiles.com/
- Unicorns and mythical beasts https://samanthawilcoxson.blogspot.com/
- St Bart's Medieval Fayre https://thewarsoftherosescatalogue.com
- Silk-women & Sole Femme - http://historytheinterestingbits.com
- International Medieval Trade - https://mattlewisauthor.wordpress.com/
- Medieval 'poppets' - https://adventuresofatudornerd.com
- Book six The Colour of Death, is another of my short novels and in paperback or on Kindle for just 99p: Seb and Emily have been forced to flee medieval London and find a safe haven in an isolated village. Yet this idyllic setting has its own murderous secrets. Even away from London, they are not safe and danger lurks at every turn.
Published by MadeGlobal.com
- Proud to announce I'm now a fully paid up member of The Crime Writers Association