Conditions of Hire
1. Supervision The Hirer shall, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for supervising the premises, the fabric and the contents: their care, safety from damage however slight, or change of any sort and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway. The Hirer shall ensure that no activities take place that would be offensive to the Church.
2. Use of Premises The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described overleaf and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the premises.
3. Licences The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining such licences as may be needed e.g. for the sale of intoxicating liqueur.
4. Public Safety Compliance The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays. No music shall be played after 11.00pm. The Hirer shall make all users aware of the fire exits and the location of the Assembly Point (the front car park) in the event that the building has to be vacated. In such circumstances, users should leave the building as quickly as possible without stopping to gather belongings.
5. Health and Hygiene If preparing, serving, or selling food or drink the Hirer shall observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
6. Electrical Appliance Safety The Hirer shall ensure that all electrical appliances brought onto the premises shall be safe and in good working order and shall be used in a safe and proper manner.
7. Indemnity The Hirer shall indemnify the Management Committee for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof and to the contents of the building that may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring and for any failure to secure any licences or other statutory requirements. The Hirer shall be responsible for any third party claims that may arise as a result of the hiring.
8. Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences The Hirer shall record in the Accident Book and report to the Management Committee all accidents involving injury as soon as possible. Any failure of equipment belonging to the Old School shall also be reported.
9. Animals The Hirer shall ensure that no animals (including birds) except guide dogs are brought into the Old School.
10. Compliance with The Children Act 1989 The Hirer shall ensure that all activities for children comply with the Children Act 1989 and the provisions of “Children and Young People”, a code of practice for use by parishes in the Church in Wales a copy of which is available for inspection in the office.
11. Cancellation The Management Committee reserves the right to cancel the hiring in unforeseen circumstances but shall provide such notice as is reasonable (normally 15 days) and the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund. If the Hirer cancels the hire within 15 days of the event the Management Committee will retain one half of the hire fee.
12. End of Hire The Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounding area in a clean and tidy condition and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced. The Hirer shall remove all refuse from the premises. The Hirer shall ensure that the Old School has been properly locked and secured and the lights extinguished unless directed otherwise. A charge may be made in default.
13. Noise The Hirer shall ensure that noise and disturbance is kept to a minimum. Users shall be asked to leave the premises quietly and with respect for neighbours.
14. Rubbish There is no waste collection from The Old School and all hirers and users are required to collect and remove all waste material arising from their activities from the building at the end of each individual hire period. These materials should not be placed in street waste bins but recycled or otherwise disposed of in accordance with current Vale of Glamorgan Council advice.