Awards at the workshop and associated with the worskhop include the Best New Neuromorph and the Misha Mahowald Prize for Neuromorphic Engineering. See the winners here.
Best "New Neuromorph"
Each year, the organizing, advisory, and topic area leaders select one or two first-time participants who most clearly represent the collaborative spirit and energy of the workshop. The honor is bestowed at the final banquet. The winners include
- 2017: Dr. Claire Pelofi (NYU Music and Audio Research Group) and Moritz Milde (Sensors Group, Inst. of Neuroinformatics, UZH-ETH Zurich)
- 2016: Tiffany Hwu (Cognitive Anteater Robotics Laboratory, UC Irvine)
- 2015: Dr. Peter Diehl, (Inst. of Neuroinformatics, UZH-ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
- 2014: Dr. Danny Neil (Inst. of Neuroinformatics, UZH-ETH Zurich, now at Benevolent AI, New York)
- 2013: Fang Wang, (College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) , Australian National Univ.)
- 2012: Prof. Ed Lalor (Trinity College, Dublin, now also affiliated with Rochester Univ.)
- 2011: Dr. Terry Stewart, (University of Waterloo)
- 2010: Dr. Jordan Boyle (now Lecturer, School of Mechanical Engineering, Univ. of Leeds)
- 2009: Dr. Manu Rostagi (Univ. of Florida, now at Qualcomm Research)
- 2008: Prof. John Nafziger (Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University)
- 2007: Dr. Anand Chandrasekaran (Stanford)
- 2006: Dr. Vaibhav Garg (Univ. of Florida, later at Intel Corporation, still later with Comcast)
(the awards date back earlier in the workshop)
inilabs organizes the annual Misha Mahowald Prize for Neuromorphic Engineering. The award is announced at the Telluride workshop final banquet. The Mahowald prize is soliciting nominations up to the deadline of Febuary 1.