We share XC skills and have fun by flying somewhat realistically on Condor 2, and some of us will fly together in real life. We started with members of the Utah Soaring Association, but we have pilots from lots of places.
In our group are beginners and advanced pilots. Our goal on Condor is usually not racing, but to fly cooperatively at least weekly so that we can share ideas and skills and get to know each other, have fun, and talk about what worked and didn't. We talk through a Discord server with a channel for each team. We fly with OLC-like scoring but don't store the scores. We fly with realistic safety margins (see How we fly). If you want to use a phone or tablet as a flight computer (e.g. XCSoar or SeeYou) in real life flight, we encourage you to take the time to link that to Condor so that it's very familiar to you before you fly in real life. We can help you set things up.
We would be happy to have other groups or individuals join us, in any language.
Email email@example.com with questions.
Please fill out this new member form.
Checklist for new members:
- Navigate to our Discord server. Get a Discord account and the app on your computer. Check your microphone under "User Settings>Voice & Video". Contact us and one of us can talk with you by phone or Skype then by Discord to test it and to say hi and answer questions you might have.
- Add your name (if it's not there), Condor CN, Discord name, and schedule to Members.
- Go through the recommended Condor sim prep, including flight lessons.
- Start downloading some of the Condor sceneries we use most. You may need an additional internal or external hard drive if you don't have 100 GB free (you can get 1-2 TB drive for $50 or less, not SSD)
- Look over how we fly tasks.
- Join us on a Condor flight at scheduled times (calendar) on one of the "TeamXC" servers on the Condor multiplayer server. Drop into the lobby on our Discord audio server.
- If you want to use a phone or tablet as a flight computer, see Files-XCSoar