When a three-year-old child enters St. Stephen's School, he or she will be taking the first step in a journey designed to educate first socially, then academically, while being ever mindful of the child's emotional and spiritual well being.
All of our programs emphasize learning through hands-on experiences, focusing on meeting each child’s specific needs at every level. Early on, we work to enhance fine and gross motor skills while fostering the child's emotional development. As the students gets older, we begin to focus more on preparing them for success in an academic setting.
In each class, the children participate in activities in a nurturing environment where they can learn and grow through play and carefully designed activities. Play is the basis for discovery, reasoning, thinking and the development of important social skills. Caring and knowledgeable teachers and assistants facilitate fun and engaging learning opportunities in a well rounded environment. Small classes provide the children with optimal opportunities to enrich their learning experience.
Pre-School Program Offerings
St. Stephen’s pre-school program runs for 36 weeks from September to May and offers the following programs:
- 2 Day 3-year-old Program:
Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 – 11:30
- 3 Day 3-year-old Program
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9:00 – 11:30
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 12:30 – 3:00
- 3 Day 4-year-old Program
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9:00 – 11:30
- 4 Day 4-year-old Program
Monday – Thursday 8:45 - 11:45
Monday – Thursday 12:30 – 3:00
- Transitional Pre-K (half day)
Monday – Friday 8:45 – 11:45
- Transitional Pre-K (full day)
Monday – Friday 8:45 – 2:30
- Children in the 2 Day 3 year-old program must be three years of age by November 1.
- Children in the 3 Day 3 year-old program must be three years of age by September 1.
- Children in the 3 Day 4 year-old program must be four years of age by November 1.
- Children in the 4 day 4 year-old program must be four years of age by October 1 or have attended a 3 year-old or 4 year-old program.
- Children in the Transitional Pre-K program must be four years of age by September 1 and have had previous nursery school experience.
- Children in the Kindergarten program must be five years of age by October 1.