My current research interests include a variety of star formation topics. See Research Interests for more details.
- The role of different physics in star formation (e.g. radiation, magnetic fields)
- The impact of stellar feedback (outflows, winds) on molecular clouds
- Astrostatistics (e.g. Turbustat)
- Machine learning used in image recognition and classification (e.g., Brut and CASI)
- Astrochemistry and the impact of radiation and cosmic-ray stellar feedback
- Improving the connection between simulations and observations through synthetic observations
- What sets the masses of stars?
- What determines whether a star is single or has a companion?
- What is the role of stellar feedback?
- What are the chemical and statistical signatures of forming stars?
- How can we efficiently and accurately automate molecular line and dust emission data analysis?
Students: If you are interested in any of these questions, please contact me!