We are very interested in your opinion. Please fill the following survey:
Summer School Registration is now open: click here
This Summer School born with the idea of bringing together groups of scientists, who are desirable close geographically, and working from a variety of disciplines all focused on interactive and ubiquitous computing.
The distance between Ensenada and Irvine is less than 200 miles, with San Diego half way between the two, and researchers at CICESE, UABC, UC Irvine and UCSD use similar tools and methods to address similar human problem areas.
Thus, there exists substantial untapped potential to create deeper and more profound connections between both countries and among all these institutions.
This school will bring together a community of scientists and students in the states of California, USA and Baja California, Mexico who are working in disciplines related to interactive and ubiquitous computing.
- Bring together groups of scientists who are close geographically but from two countries (USA and Mexico) and working from a variety of disciplines all focused on interactive and ubiquitous computing.
- Guide the work of new researchers including students, postdoctoral scholars, and junior faculty members by having world-renowned experts provide them advice.
- Provide encouragement and support for engagement in research in interactive and ubiquitous computing to address social and community problems faced by both countries illustrating the interrelationship and diversity of both countries.
- Provide relevant resources for the development of collaborative and cross-cultural projects between members of both countries to lay the foundation of long-term relationships.
Ubiquitous development and interaction design for binational challenges including but not limited to:
- Border crossing
- User and case studies
- 5th Workshop: Uniting the Californias, UABC, Tijuana, B.C. México (Summer 2014)
- 4th Workshop: Uniting the Californias, UCI, Irvine, CA, USA (Spring 2013)
- 3rd Workshop Uniting the Californias, UCSD, San Diego, CA, USA (November 2011)
- 2nd Workshop: Uniting the Californias, CICESE, Ensenada, B.C. México (Spring 2011)