Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all participants who register to take part in an event organised by Chepstow Harriers
1. By registering in the event you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. You are responsible for reading the details and description regarding the event contained on this website and any other information that may be sent to you by the Event Organiser and agree that you clearly understand what ability is required and what is entailed in participating in the event.
3. Refunds will not be payable if Chepstow Harriers are forced to cancel, or in any way change the event due to war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions or other circumstances amounting to force majeure. In the unlikely event of the cancellation/postponement of sporting events for whatever reason, Chepstow Harriers cannot be held responsible in any way for any monetary loss, inconvenience or any other circumstances outside of our control, including non-refundable events fees.
4. If any details provided by you on registration change, you must either undertake changes to your entry yourself or notify the organisers by email within 5 days of the race day. The organiser reserves the right to cancel your participation in the event if any information provided by you is found to be inaccurate in any way.
5. All participants must be above the minimum age (15 years) on the day of the event.
6. You are responsible for ensuring that you are medically fit and healthy and have sought appropriate medical advice before undertaking the event. You are also responsible for ensuring that you have undertaken appropriate training and preparation to participate in the event.
7. You agree that you participate in the event at your own risk, and accept that Chepstow Harriers cannot be liable for any personal injury sustained by you in any way or loss or damage to any personal property as a result of your participation in the event.
8. Road racing requires certain skills, and a judgement that is not necessarily acquired through social running. Whilst the organisers make every effort to minimise certain objective dangers, the participant needs to understand that they need to assess what they see and hear, and so tailor their speed accordingly to suit the different elements of the course.
9. You consent to receive medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this event.
10. You must abide by the rules of the relevant affiliating body for the event - UKA. Furthermore you must abide by any specific rules communicated to you by the Event Organiser or the venue owners at any point leading up to or at the event.
11. You must show respect and courtesy towards other participants, spectators and the Event Team. If you behave in a manner, which in the Event Organiser’s opinion, is contrary to the spirit of the event or in a way which risks the safety of any other participants, spectators or anyone else in attendance at the event, this may result in you being disqualified from the event and being asked to leave the venue.
12. You are responsible for the safe keeping of your own personal possessions and those of any spectators you may bring to the event. Personal possessions left unattended at the venue in any facilities provided or otherwise are left entirely at your own risk.
13. You agree to photographs and video being taken at the event and that images containing you may be used by the Event Organiser either in relation to the event or in order to promote other events organised by Chepstow Harriers.
14. By registering you are agreeing to any data provided being used by Chepstow Harriers to contact you regarding future events.
15. No personal audio devices e.g. MP3 players, are to be worn during Chepstow Harriers events for safety reasons - you may not be able to hear the approach of other road users or the verbal instructions from Race Officials. Runners not complying with this rule may be disqualified from the event (and any future events).
16. You agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation and age category.