Road Department Supervisor, Dave Underwood
Road Department Maintenance, Mike Rosso
• Trash/recycling must be placed curbside the night before your scheduled collection. Drivers may not return to residences if materials are unprepared at the scheduled collection time.
• Rumpke’s service includes collection of six, 32-gallon cans or bags per pick-up (may vary by service region). Cans and bags should not exceed 50 pounds. Please do not place trash at the curb in boxes. All boxes should be broken down and bundled. Rumpke is not responsible for damaged or missing plastic cans or lids.
• Please contact Rumpke at least 24 hours before your regularly scheduled collection to request a large item pick-up for acceptable large items, and/or excessive amounts of trash. Television sets cannot exceed 32 inches for curbside pick-up. Any mattress or upholstered furniture must be completely sealed in disposable plastic for removal. Additional fees may apply.
• According to Federal law, Rumpke is not permitted to accept batteries, tires, liquids, combustible materials or any items identified as hazardous.
• Bulky materials including drywall, concrete, bricks, dirt or rocks are not acceptable.
• Drums, barrels, yard and household containers are not acceptable trash containers and will be assumed trash if placed at the curb.
• Rumpke is not responsible for damage beyond the curb line.
• Please notify Rumpke if you would like to transfer service to a new location. Subscription accounts will automatically renew unless you notify us to terminate your service.
• Landlords may be held responsible for service of rental supplies.
• Residents are billed quarterly and in advance. Invoices may be prorated for a specific service period. Payments are due upon receipt. Late payments or returned checks may result in additional charges to your account.
• All rules and regulations may vary according to location. Please contact Rumpke if you have any additional questions.
See FAQ on this website about damage to your mailbox by a township vehicle.
Installation of decorated and plastic mailboxes within the public right of way is at the risk of the property owner. If the township snowplows damage a mailbox it will be repaired or replaced by the township with a standard rural type mailbox on a 4×4 wood post.
Please mark both sides of your mailbox with your address so the emergency services can find you if needed, remember in an emergency, every minute counts.
There is no parking permitted on the north and south sides of Mayfield Road.
If you notice a street light out, please note the address of the nearest house where the light pole is located; call the road department at 440.277.6409 and leave a detailed message with the location of the pole.
Brush collection is the first Monday of each month, weather permitting. Get your brush out on Sunday night. If it doesn’t get picked up on Monday, it will get picked up on Tuesday. If the first Monday is a holiday, the brush pickup will be delayed a day.
Do not bag your brush. Place the cut ends of your branches toward the road. If you have a large quantity help us out and spread it out across your yard. When the piles get high it is hard to pull the branches out. Our chipper does not like prickers, flowers, weeds, corn stocks, any type of grapevine material, or firewood size logs. They plug up our filters and intake screens and get caught up in the feed reels. If you pay a contractor to trim or cut down your tree they are responsible for what they do; the Road Department will not pick it up. This was a motion passed by the Board of Trustees.