HOT ISSUES/CURRENT ACTIVITIES
Savannah River - Fireworks over Augusta by David Elliott
Learn more about the South Carolina Water Resources Center website and conference information.
Savannah River Basin
- Balancing the Basin - ACOE Savannah River Basin website and newsletter
- Fate of the Lock and Dam - ACOE publication
Drought Response Information
- The Savannah River Basin Drought Plan Revision Environmental Assessment (EA) has been released. Comments were due by May 12, 2012. More information can be found at the ACOE website.
- See the bottom of this page for comments
- Savannah River Basin Drought Issues and SCDNR 2011 Drought Photos
- SC Drought Information and SC Drought Response
Savannah Harbor Expansion Project
Both of the final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) and General Re-Evaluation Report (GRR) documents have now been released by the ACOE. A 30 day public comment period ended May 21,2012, to review the specific details of the project plan, refer to the following link: GRR Chapter 14 Selected PLan
The ACOE Savannah Harbor Expansion Project information.
Fish Passage at the New Savannah Bluff Lock & Dam information.
The CH2M Hill Savannah Harbor Expansion Project page.
The Final Independent External Peer Review Report for the Savannah Harbor Expansion Project General Re-evaluation Report by Batelle Memorial Institute Feb 2011.
ACOE Savannah River Basin Studies
- The ACOE is currently conducting numerous studies within the Savannah River Basin. The Savannah River Basin Drought Level 4, the shortnose sturgeon study, the Comprehensive Savannah River Basin Review Plan, Lake Hartwell Lake Level Economic Analysis and many others can be found at this link. The documents are available for download.
- Savannah River Lakes: Current lake information from the ACOE website. Click on the names here to directly go to Lake Hartwell, Richard B. Russell, and Strom Thurmond Lake.
Sustainable Rivers Project - The Nature Conservancy
- The Nature Conservancy Sustainable Rivers Project is conducting studies of the Savannah River to determine flow regimes that provide for the wildlife and habitats within it. New study just announced Sept. 18, 2013.
Savannah River Basin Watershed Monitoring information from SCDHEC
- The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC) Watershed Program has reports and ongoing monitoring information.
- The most current Savannah River Basin Watershed assessment is avaialble here.
Southeastern Natural Sciences Academy
- The Southeastern Natural Sciences Academy (SNSA) is currently studying the Savannah River under its Center For Urban River Research program.
Savannah River Intelligent Rivers project.
Savannah River Partnership - Ga EPD and SCDHEC website with links to many important topics concerning the basin.