THE CONSTITUTION OF THE ROCK RIVER AERO MODELERS CLUB
FIELD ADDRESS: 6806 SOUTH COUNTY ROAD J BELOIT, WI
MAILING ADDRESS: 1171 COLUMBUS CIRCLE JANESVILLE WI 53545
The Rock River Aero Modelers Club of Beloit, WI is a non profit corporation governed by the By-Laws and Regulations hereunder. This Constitution is effective as of January 1, 2020, and supersedes any and all previous constitutions and by-laws of the Rock River Aero Modelers Club of Beloit, WI
ARTICLE I: NAME
The name of this organization shall be the “Rock River Aero Modelers Club” of Beloit, WI, hereinafter referred to as the Club or RRAMs.
ARTICLE II: PURPOSE
The purpose of the Rock River Aero Modelers Club is:
- To maintain a club that shares interest in building and flying all types of Model Aircraft.
- Aid new individuals learning to build and/or fly.
- Be asset to the community.
- To exchange the knowledge, ideas and techniques.
- Encourage friendship and fellowship.
- Promotion, support, and furthering the interest of the hobby sanctioning body, the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA).
ARTICLE III: MEMBERSHIP
Application for membership in the RRAMs club is open to all interested individuals.
- AMA MEMBERSHIP
- AMA membership is required for all members.
- Dues are $40.00 per year for open members if paid by January 31st. Dues paid after January 31st are $50.00. New members paying after August 1st will pay a prorated fee of $20.00 for the remainder of the first year. Associate Membership is $20.00 per year. Associate membership is defined as any individual who is already paying full dues at any other AMA club. Associate members do not have voting rights.
- Any member in good standing may resign his/her membership by giving notice to the club.
- If any member ceases to have the qualifications necessary for membership in the AMA, his/her membership in the Club shall thereby terminate.
- Any individual may be expelled from membership of the Club by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of the membership if in the officers’ determination, such individual willfully commits any act or omission which is a violation of any of the terms of these Bylaws, or the Rules of the AMA, or which is detrimental to the Club, the AMA, or to model aviation.
- A two thirds vote is required to be reinstated to the club
- No monies or club property will be refunded upon notice of inactive club status, voluntary termination or resignation of club membership, except in special cases.
ARTICLE IV: OFFICERS
- OFFICERS POSITIONS
- President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer
- TERM OF OFFICE
- 1 year, Officers are elected annually each November
- PRESIDENT: The president shall be responsible for the overall operation of the club and shall conduct the monthly meeting in accordance with Roberts Rules of Order.
- VICE PRESIDENT: The vice-president shall assist the president and conduct the monthly meeting in the president's absence. The vice-president will facilitate the raffle at the monthly meetings.
- SECRETARY-TREASURER: The secretary-treasurer shall record the proceedings of each monthly meeting and will process any and all correspondence pertaining to club business. The secretary-treasurer shall take roll call at each meeting and maintain attendance records, the club roster, and AMA club Charter. The secretary-treasurer shall collect monies due and handle all monetary matters in a business-like manner. Detailed records of receipts and expenditures will be maintained, and a monthly report will be maintained, and a monthly report will be made to the membership in written form at each monthly meeting. The secretary-treasurer will establish a bank account in the name of the Rock River Aero Modelers Society, Inc. There will be two (2) authorized signatures on the account. Signatures authorized on the checks will be that of the president or secretary-treasurer.
- APPOINTED OFFICERS
- Safety Officer: The safety officer is responsible for overall safety of the field and the actions of the members. The safety coordinator will ensure the field meets safety requirements for day to day activities as well as events.
- Officer vacancies are to be filled by a vote of the remaining officers.
ARTICLE V: MEETINGS
- REGULAR MEETINGS
- The summer meetings of the club are to be held on the first TUESDAY of each month at the field site. The winter meetings will be held on the first TUESDAY of each month at the Town of Turtle Public Services Center located at 6916 S Co Rd J, Beloit, WI 53511. Each meeting will start at 7pm.
- Meetings shall be held in an informal, business-like manner. In addition to conducting club business, meetings should be as informative as possible.
- The following business shall be conducted at each business meeting:
- Call to Order
- Presentation and approval of minutes of previous business meeting
- Presentation and approval of Treasurer’s Report
- Committee and Chairman Reports
- Discussion of Old Business
- Discussion of New Business
- Show and Tell
- A quorum is required to vote on any issues at a regularly scheduled meeting. A quorum shall consist of twelve (12) members and three (3) Board members.
ARTICLE VI: PUBLICATIONS
- The Club Newsletter will be published monthly and posted on our website
- The newsletter Editor will be appointed by the Board
- Newsletter to be edited and the editorial content to be controlled by the Editor.
- Editor must edit, obtain news, type, publish, and distribute, and ensure that only matters pertaining to the club or of general interest to the Hobby shall be included in the Newsletter.
ARTICLE VII: MEMBER CONDUCT
- Members are required to obey all Club Field Rules and the AMA Safety Code.
- All members shall be responsible for personal and property damage caused by themselves, their models, vehicles, persons or animals accompanying them at the Club Facilities or events.
ARTICLE VIII: GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE
(Safety Rules and Member Conduct)
- The grievance procedure provides a mechanism to enforce existing safety rules by providing a progressive disciplinary system when needed. Most complaints can be resolved informally. If a complaint is serious, or cannot be resolved informally, the matter should be referred to the Safety Coordinator for their consideration by means of a Grievance Form. This form should be filled out and turned into the Safety Coordinator. At least one witness is required to sign the Grievance Form. The Safety Coordinator will present the Grievance Form to the Board of Directors with recommendation whether or not to proceed with the disciplinary process. If the infraction is determined to be actionable by a majority vote of the Board of Directors, the following steps will take place:
- FIRST VIOLATION - Viewpoints of both complainants and accused will be considered. Complainant’s name will be disclosed. A written reprimand will be given to the accused by the Safety Officer.
- SECOND VIOLATION - Complainant’s name will be disclosed. The accused has the right to submit a written rebuttal, to be reviewed by the Board of Directors. If the Board of Directors so decides, the flying privileges of the accused will be suspended for thirty (30) days. Written notice shall be given to the accused by the Safety Officer and an email will be circulated to the membership notifying them of the suspension.
- THIRD VIOLATION – Complainant’s name will be disclosed. The accused has the right to submit a written rebuttal, to be reviewed by the Board of Directors. If the Board of Directors so decides, the member will be expelled from the Club for a minimum of one year. Written notice shall be given to the accused by the Safety Officer and email will be circulated to the membership notifying them of the expulsion. The expelled member may reapply for membership after the expiration of the expulsion time period.
- The second and third violations will not be enforced unless they are accumulated within two-years of the first violation.
- Any member receiving a Grievance, who directs any retaliatory action against the person filing said grievance, will be subject to immediate and permanent expulsion from the Club. This is to include threats, intimidation, physical harm, intentional equipment damage, or any other action deemed to be retaliatory by the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE IX: MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
- The duration of the club shall be perpetual. The club may be dissolved with the approval of two-thirds (2/3) vote of the total membership.
ARTICLE X: AMENDMENT OF THESE BYLAWS
- Approval by a majority of the entire membership is required to make an amendment to the club constitution.
ARTICLE XI: RRAMS – Grievance Form
UPDATED 10/31/2019 Version 1.1