Hi, welcome to my research page. I am a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Computer System and Technology, Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology, University of Malaya. I was previously a Staff Researcher at MIMOS Berhad, Malaysia.
My main research interests are in the area of symmetric cryptography (block ciphers and hash functions). I am also looking at blockchain-related technologies including digital currencies and other areas of information security.
24 August 2019
- The Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology, University of Malaya would like to invite applicants (Malaysian citizen) for the position of Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) for a 3-year project (2019-2022) on the design and analysis of authenticated encryption schemes. Click here for details.
In brief, I
- am a co-designer of the Round 1 candidate CiliPadi lightweight authenticated encryption submitted to the NIST Lightweight Cryptography project
- am a member of the Focus Group for MySEAL since 2016
- am a member of the Malaysian Society for Cryptology Research (MSCR), since 2015
- am appointed by MOSTI as an expert panel reviewer for the application of MOSTI's R&D funds since 2012
- am a member of the Working Group on Cryptography and Security Mechanism (Malaysia), which is a mirror of ISO/IEC JTC1 / SC27 / WG2 since 2010
- am a member of the International Association for Cryptologic Research (IACR) 2008, 2011, 2017
- am currently involved in 3 research projects (active as at 2017) and have been involved in 8 other completed projects. The projects are/were funded by different grants such as MoHE's Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS), Exploratory Research Grant Scheme (ERGS) and Prototype Development Research Grant Scheme (PRGS); MOSTI's Science Fund; MIMOS' RMK-10 fund; and TNB R&D fund.
- am co-supervising 1 PhD student (Uniten), have co-supervised 3 PhD students (Uniten, IIUM, UPM) and 1 Master student (Uniten)
- have given numerous talks related to cryptography at UPM (2011, 2015), Uniten (2012, 2014), IIUM (2013), UiTM Shah Alam (2012), and the Selmer Centre, University of Bergen (2008)
- attended Mycrypt 2005, FSE 2008*, Asiacrypt 2008, AISC 2009*, Inscrypt 2009*, Asiacrypt 2011, RWC 2014, Mycrypt 2016 and ICMC 2017 (* means I also presented a paper)
I can be reached at [my 4-letter middle name] dot [last name without apostrophe] at um dot edu dot my
This page was last updated on 24 Aug 2019